No-Till Gardening

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Under Hill, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    This one...

[​IMG]

Blue cheesecake
    Spoon in the sand
    The seaweed barks at me

Beverly Hillbillies, circa 1964

3. my brains sore 

4. In Watermelon Sugar......

Last of the 56 day shots, meant to get them up earlier considering today is 63 days ;) and about 25% harvested, everything else coming down over the next week.  New cycle will be planted around the 2nd/3rd/4th hooraw!!!

.....at least I don't think I posted these....weeks just melt together anymore.....on garden time....

Acapulcogold.jpg FireOG.jpg GDP1.jpg GDP.jpg HoneyB.jpg KosherTangie.jpg KosherTangie1.jpg PayDay.jpg PayDay1.jpg

5. Been sampling?  lol.  Lookin top notch in here, keep up the inspiring work!  :hello:  :bongin:

6. O....M....G. So beautiful BlueJay! Those colors are amazing. Your garden is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing!

• Agree Agree x 1

Man....what a spectacular garden! Now I'm wantin' to go get me a

[​IMG]

8. careful what you ask for, you just might get it.  Did you know this is how it happens J?

[​IMG]

Ummm.....who's J?  

[​IMG]

10. #2932 Tree dogg, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    BlueJay, I thought BJ would be inappropriate and possibly confusing given my previous post.  You know how PC I am.   :smoking:

11. LMAO I can never eat a mounds with a straight face anymore! :p

I was starting to wonder if this plant coined 'Payday' was name such because it yielded so well it was like chaching it's payday! Or if it smelled like the candy bar - peanuts right?

Well it smells like a tropical fruit pie seasoned with cloves, nutmeg and allspice....at least that's what I decipher, to the best of my abilities.....

12. At least you left Girl Scout Cookies out of the deal. :p

13. Here's a little update on how my no-till is going. Thrips really got out of hand so I rid my garden of all but two of my littles. Finally got some Spinosad and I put some cardboard down and gave her a good foliar w/ it yesterday. I did throw 10g of amended vermicompost and some leaves on the top of the bed. This was mostly to get rid of the cover crop w/ became infested w/ thrips.

DSC01319.JPG

DSC01318.JPG

14. University of California

Snake Oil, Horticultural Myths, Horticultural Urban Legends, and Persuaders in our Industry 

View attachment 1600970

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good morning! I think there was a recipe at some point for soaking seeds. I didn't get it written down though. Would the same mix for clones work?

16. Chunk

This part can't be good news for Ingham's devotees and sycophants......

Compost Teas
    \n<div><div>A natural extension of food web science is the use of compost teas to “strengthen” the food web. Compost teas are “brewed” from compost usually in an aerobic fermenter. They may be aerated or non-aearated. Because the feedstock (compost) is highly variable, the resultant teas can also be quite different. Due to the tremendous number of variables in “brewing” compost teas (ph, fermentation time, water source and content, temperature, added nutrients, feedstocks and aerated vs. not) the results are hard to replicate and quite variable; this makes studies hard to publish. Compost teas contain many different substances plus nutrients that plants can use for growth or that can act as plant growth stimulators.
    \nThe problem comes with rates. How much do you apply and how often? There is a lot of experimentation going on by the users of the teas but not much validation in the academic community (especially research on trees) due to the variability of these systems. For a review of the literature on compost teas see the work by Scheurell and Mahaffee, 2002. 

</div></div> 
    They've done a good job at shooting down others who have called into  question her postulations - lets' see how they do with one of the world's largest agriculture schools, i.e. UC Davis

I'm guessing that Ingham's degree in forestry won't go far against a legitimate array of botanists, soil biologists and other disciplines.

CC

I find it ironic that a couple of cannabis growers from an internet forum figured it out over 2 years ago despite all the hooey.

Handcrafted vermicompost FTW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.