Hydroponic Kit For Beginner - Health Medical

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Australian_bloke, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Hi Team,
    \n1st of all I am new to the forum so id and like to say "how ya going or hello"
    \nI have been smoking for 10 years now and it has helped me through my medical condition. Now, like most of you, i have come to a point where i would like to start my mini hydro kit (just for beginners) and cultivate enough herbal delight to keep me healthy. Can anybody give me any pointers where to start, i also do not want to rush this and take my time as i want the best. 
    \nI have found a basic kits, maybe this would be a good one to start off with? it can get cold where i live in winter down to 5-10C which we are just hitting now, so i need to make sure i have an ideal kit ! I was thinking of purchasing this beginners kit & then installing it my mini shed. as this is only a small project i dont want to modify my shed too much and only install a Hydro tent within the shed. I only want to grow no more than 8 plant, and hopefull this should keep me going all year.
    \nCan any one take a look at this kit and tell me there thoughts?
    \nhttp://glandorehydro...O-PRODUCER.html
    \n"THE CO-PRODUCER"  

<span style="margin:0px;font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PRESENT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING FOR UNCLE PERSIE , OR NEED TO GROW SOME WILD HERBALS FOR YOUR MEDICINAL GERBILS , THIS IS THE IDEAL SET UP ,  AS ALL WAYS THE FINEST COMPONENTS ARE ASSEMBLED FOR GROWING PERFECTION AND HAS BEEN A HUGE FAVORITE , SOME EVEN USING THIS IN UNION WITH "THE PRODUCER" AS A TWIN SYSTEM HENCE THE NAME "CO-PRODUCER"

ALL HIGHLY PROVEN SYSTEMS ARE USED FOR REAL RESULTS

GROW TENT SEAHAWK MYLAR 1.2X1.2X2MTR        AUD $250.00
    CAN FILTERS GT 600                                           AUD $170.00
    CAN FAN CENT RS 150MM.(GERMAN/DUTCH)    AUD $200.00
    NUTRIENT RES FOOD GRADE POLY-80 LTR               AUD $40.00
    POTS 30LTR INNER      X4                                      AUD $40.00
    POTS 30LTR OUTER     X4                                   AUD $40.00
    POT SOX 30LTR 4 OF                                        AUD $20.00
    DIGI COOL SHADE KIT - HPS 600W
    INCLUDES THE FINEST COMPONENTS WE CAN FIND!   AUD $400.00

THE WORLDS FINEST DIGITAL                 1 X QUANTUM DIMMABLE DIGITAL BALLAST 600W OR DIMMABLE NANO BALLAST 600W($100 LESS)
    400MM (GLASS) COOL SHADE             1 X 400MM COOL TUBE SHADE
    THE AWESOME NEW PSL DIGI HPS     1 X GE PSL XENON GAS HPS HIGH OUTPUT

JBL 30 AMP TIMER CONTROL                          2  X   AUD $100.00
    FOAM POT BASES 50LTR                                  2     AUD $14.00
    FEED RINGS - 6MM  FEED RING    X4                 AUD $20.00
    AQUA ONE - 2500 AIR PUMP                             AUD $15.00
    AIRSTONE 2INCH BALL                                         AUD $4.00
    AQUA ONE - WATER HEATER 100W                     AUD $25.00
    DUCTING - SILVER FOIL - 5 MTR...                        AUD $35.00
    THERMO/HYGROMETER  LCD                            AUD $30.00
    (WITH EXT TEMP+HUMIDITY PROBE)
    POLY PIPE 4MM X 1MTR (AIR HOSE)                   AUD $2.00
    POLY PIPE 13MM X 10MTR                             AUD $15.00
    POLY PIPE 19MM X 10MTR                            AUD $20.00
    H&G COCO BAGS 50LTR X 3                           AUD $80
    19MM   GROMMET (FOR POT)                 4 X AUD $4.00
    19MM   TAKE (FOR POT GROMMET)
    19MM   ELBOWS                             4 X    AUD $2.00
    19MM  "T"                                   3 X    AUD $1.00
    13MM   ELBOWS                            4 X    AUD $2.00
    PH UP   250ML                                    AUD $10
    PH DOWN 250ML                                 AUD $10
    DM ONE GROW   1LTR                           AUD $10.00
    DM ONE FLOWER 1LTR                           AUD $10.00
    HJ WATER PUMPS 1542                       AUD $35.00
    PEN METERS - PH                               AUD $50.00
    PEN METERS - EC                               AUD $60.00

ON SPECIAL DISCOUNTED TO $1500 + SHIPPING , (WE HAVE THE CHEAPEST SHIPPING RATES  AND WE GENERALLY ABSORB HALF THE COST!!)
    CALL US TO ADJUST SPECIFICATIONS ANYWAY YOU MAY NEED , SIZE TENT , POTS ETC AND WE CAN PERSONALISE A BUID FOR YOU WITH FULL INSTRUCTIONS AND 7 DAY ASSITANCE , TIPS GROW ADVICE ETC FROM STAFF WHO LOVE TO GROW INTENTS!</span> 

2. That special 1500 discount seems way over priced in my opinion.

Its a really nice kit though. I would take that parts list and shop around and see what you come up with.

Also you'll want to consider some kind of heater for when your lights go off. Its going to get cold it seems.

Journal:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1290525-400w-MH/HPS-mixed

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mate thanks for that advice I will definitely take this deal to another shop and see what they can do in terms of pricing. Is is pricing in Australia so if you are in e USA it be cheaper .. Everything in Australia is overpriced .. "Everything"

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Im trying to get an opinion about first time indoor growing would soil or hydro be better and easier, less chance of screwing up. Which one takes more attention and time . I plan to buy a kit im just not sure which one will be better .i am only legally allowed to grow 6 planta and i dont need more than that . I also need advice on which seeds to buy .the weed i get regularly never has seeds so i have to purchase some online .

5. Opinion matters here, but most poeple might tell you soil.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yeah idk if they said 1500 id setup a DTW table with coco and buy lights that are titties. Or ebb and flow in rockwool. 1500 or a couple trays and a decent res that wont buckle all over id try that.

7. Youll never get a straight answer mate. We all think our way is easiest.
    I run coco and reservoirs. As far as im concerned, with coco just feed quarter strength nutes every day and thats all there is to it.
    In reservoirs you just follow numbers on sticks like a monkey. Number goes up add more water/ number goes down ad more nutes. Not much more to that iether.
    Need a pissin botany degree to do well with soil though cos you gotta balance the nutes/top dresses with whats already in it..and you dont know what that is.
    Every other method is a blank canvas. Just chuck a couple bottles together and away you go.
    Get a lot of problems in soil with watering too. Gotta get the balance of wet and dry cycles pretty spot on or they fuck up.
    For every other method its nigh on impossible to give too much water.
    Soils the worst yielder too. Pretty much every other method will yield better in the same time because of the watering thing.
    More feed means more air to the roots and that means better growth. Soil needs to be dried out between feeds so you dont get as good growth rates.

8. 1.2m square tent would be easy to fill out. Nice thimg about coco is you dont need a 5gal bucket.

9. If you have someone to mentor you in hydro, it is as easy as hell and not time consuming one bit......

10. That helps a lot i was researching coco and i was considering that option it looks like a method i could definitely handle .thanks for your input.

11. If youre going down the coco route then check out 'autopots' mate.
    Gravity fed pots. Just fill a bucket and leave em to it. The pots water the plants perfectly 24/7 without needing pumps or anything like that. Need a wee airstone for the res but a shitty little fishtank one will do the job.
    The plants dont feed directly from the res iether so you dont have to piss about adjusting like you do for other hydro methods. Just fill it and forget it :)