Superbox Growing Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Wild Master, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Ending third week of flowering:

It's crazy how the bud sites have amber strings already!?:huh:

Attached Files:

2. #122 Wild Master, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    I just had a pretty major issue.

I am in 4th week flowering and my light accidentally stayed on for 20 hours.

The "On" switched stayed on whole I was moving things around.

I quickly turned it off. I hope it doesn't hurt the plant to hermie.

I will turn it back on for 5 hours and then back to its normal cycle.

3. I had a similar thing happen recently when my timer broke down. The light was on for about the same amount of time and nothing bad came of it 

4. That's good to hear, thanks.

Did you go back to the same exact cycle?

5. Yeah I put a new timer on it and it was then in the dark for a few hours before lights on again. I thought about leaving them off until it's next lights on period, but couldn't be arsed to dick about. If I left it stitched off for a day I knew I would forget to turn it back on. So it had a few dark hours and back on for 12 again. I didn't get any issues at all but I guess each individual plant could react differently

6. Cool, good to know.

Yeah, I am turning it on now, and back to its normal dark cycle starting at midnight.

7. $30 improvement from home depot to get the little buds some light.

4800 lumens from this cfl.

Attached Files:

8. Nice addition, Wild Master!  You got me thinking that I should supplement the CFL in my Superbox too...it's fun to work within the constraints of these boxes and see how well you can do with it.

But damn, I just wanna grow on a larger scale already and get more bud for the effort...

9. I hear you. I am on the same page.

I am moving to a new house in a month and I can't wait to get a bigger setup...

10. I like what you have going on. I'm very new too have a same thread. (Sades first grow green crack.) Im definitely subbing into this.

Let's Smoke About It....

11. I have had some issues... Boron deficiency or calcium?

Attached Files:

12. Probably need some cal/mag

Let's Smoke About It....

13. I am surprised because it gets plenty of it. I give it 2.5ml per gallon every time and I let the pH fluctuate to 6.2

14. Check the calibration of your ph meter. I had the same problem.. was a calcium deficiency. My meter drifted.. I thought I was at 6.1... ended up around 5.3 after calibration. If you know you got your nutrients spot on... might be a ph issue.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. My pH meter was off by .1, but I guess I may have had it at 5.6 then for a while and calcium got locked out for like a week
    It ducks because I am seeing some small spots in the new growth that I will smoke later... Is it going to affect that?

16. A little update

Attached Files:

17. My spots didn't go away, and after a few days it stop spreading. Eventually they turned slightly purple. Didn't seem to affect the plant at all. It just kept chugging along with new growth. I do a random ph test now with drops every so often. Just don't trust that continuous ph meter anymore.

18. I hear you. Do you let your pH fluctuate?

19. I do... definitely. .. mostly between 5.8 and 6.1.. I don't get much fluctuations now. I'm currently flowering and the ph is real steady. During my veg it would rise a lot.

20. I just added some Epsom salt today. My problem hasn't stopped.