Superbox Growing Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Wild Master, Apr 25, 2014.

Day 8!

So, after first starting with the 9" closer to the light, the plants looked more a live. I got them to 5" and no heat affected them.

I ended up just leaving them in a new water tray enclosed in dark cover per image. Today I saw one root coming out!!!!!!

I may just leave them for another 1-2 days before moving them to the net cup with hydrotone leca clay in my 2.5 gal reservoir. 

2 out of 4 seeds made it.

Attached Files:

2. The cotyledons are kind of dying because I think i didn't treat them very well.

Learning phase!

3. Day 16

Everything is looking good.

PPM at 458 for the past 3 days.

Plants are on technaflora root 66, bc boost, bc grow, and sugar daddy.

In 2 days I will flush and bump up the nutritions to 1/2 serving.

I don't know why the pics come out side ways with phone

Attached Files:

4. Lookin good.

5. And I got the system nice and close to the light O:)

Attached Files:

6. Looks good man. Only raise the ppm if it's falling though. If it's holding steady it means the reservoir's ppm is the same as what the plant is taking up. If you have the reservoir's ppm higher than what is in the plant, it will slow uptake speed by osmosis

7. Okay, you lost me a little. You mean i need to make sure my plant doesn't drink too much water...instead nutrients. I noticed that my ppm is actually rising...
    Okay, you lost me a little. You mean i need to make sure my plant doesn't drink too much water...instead nutrients. I noticed that my ppm is actually rising...

8. no your plant will take up water but when the water goes down you want the ppm to basically stay the same. If your ppm is starting to rise you may need to dilute it a bit. When ppm rises is mean the the plants are taking up more water than nutes. If it lowers its taking up a bit more nutes than water. You generally want it to have the exact same uptake of both water and nutes.

9. Day 18

Okay, so I changed my res with me nutrients today. PPM @ 649

Roots are slightly brown...root rot? water temp at 71F

Attached Files:

10. could be just stained from the nutes... is the micro brown in tint?

11. Yeah, I use thecnaflora and thrive alive b1 is very brown.

12. I am about to build a scrog today. PVC and Garden Jute Twine. I know it early, but I have time to do it from home...and work from home  :smoking:

2" or 2.5" squares????

Anyone!

13. I would say 2"

14. I also prefer 2"

15. 2" it is!

Attached Files:

16. This twine is very furry ish. It was meant for plants...?

Attached Files:

17. Hey guys, can you through ice in the res to cool down?

My temp is always between 70 and 73.5...I would like to get to 68 as mush as I can.

18. I would use frozen water bottles.

19. Yeah frozen water bottles are better because they won't effect your ppm or PH and are less likely to stick to your roots and freeze them 

You may get fibres stuck to some of the lower bud by the end. I prefer using plastic coated steel screens, much more sanitary and solid, plants tend to bully cord screens, pushing them all over the place. Steel screens don't take any shit and stay put lol.

If you really want to use cord it's probably best to use something like para cord. It won't fray and its strong as hell 

20. #60 Wild Master, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    I will look into that for sure. Thanks

So, the cord holds the bottle from moving around?