Whats Causing These Spots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by baeras, Apr 25, 2014.

1. #1 baeras, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    Hey everyone I'm kind of confused as to whats causing these problems so I figured i'd ask here. On one of the fan leaves I noticed a single white spot and it looked like it had some metallicish, grey things by the spot (probably not visable in picture due to quality)while changing the res and going over my babies and after I noticed this spot I checked very carefully and noticed 2 yellowish white spots towards the tips of a different fan leaf. These were the only leaves that had these problems. I went over all 4 of them and didn't notice any other problems on any other plants and checked the undersides of all the leaves and didn't see anything with the naked eye, but I don't have a microscope yet. (will be getting next week) The only two things I could think of would be spider mites or white flies but have no visible proof of either really. They're 4 plants each in 5 gallon bucket of their own with a 38 LPM air pump using RO water and GH tri for nutrients. This is the first day of their 4th week and each plant has their own 105w 6500k cfl on them.

Attached Files:

2. oh also a note to add was the one with the white spot was on a leaf towards the bottom one so I don't think it could be a burn.

3. White spot looks like you had a drop of water or something on the leaf when the lights were on.  Drops act like magnifying glasses and will burn little circles like that.  If you watered with nutes or dripped something on the leaf, it could dry and leave the salts behind, which is the gray bit you're describing.  Nothing to stress about unless the circle grows.The bit on the tips looks like minor minor minor nute burn.  Again, nothing to worry about unless it gets bigger/worse.  (Caveat:  The pics really don't show details so I wouldn't bet a paycheck on that diagnosis.) 

4. I agree with the angry man above. I had the same problem (much worse) and searched the web for "deficiencies" that were similar. I eventually read that it could be water splashing up from my drip ring. And of course all the effected leaves were close enough to be splashed on. Mine are way worse than yours but are still thriving.

5. Thanks guys I hope that's all it is because that's a lot easier to manage than infestation or something horrible. 

6. Yeah, best of luck with those. They look pretty healthy other than those two minor issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum