Trichs Or Hairs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by THE D E A, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Hey guys can anyone please tell me if the leaves have hair or is it trichs starting to form image.jpg image.jpg thanks.

2. Those stringy filaments are called pistils. They are signs of a female plant, gratz on that. The trichomes are the shiny globs that will form on the bud. Judging by the fact you have pistils you should be seeing trichomes form in the coming weeks

3. #3 GoldGrower, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    It depends on what you are describing as "hair". Not to sound too pedantic but only mammals have hair, plants don't. Pistils are often called hairs, these are the white hair-like protrusions that chef loud is talking about. 

The leaves will have a coverage of trichomes, these are sort of spikes or spines, some people also call these  hairs. These are almost microscopic so I'm guessing you aren't referring to these.

The other things you may be talking about are the glandular trichomes, it's these that hold the oils that contain the psychoactive substances that get you high, thc, cbd, and a whole range of others.

My first guess would be that you meant the pistils but these aren't really on the leaves so I didn't want to just assume and we end up all confused and talking about two different things