1St Grow Aerogarden Led **experience Needed**

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jimmyboi, Apr 24, 2014.

1. #1 jimmyboi, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Hey this is my first Grow w/ The Aerogarden Ultra LED.

Currently going into week 3 after Germination.

Running 7am to 1am Lights on.
    Pump on all the time.

(Could Someone Help Me Please on Nutrient Dosage??)
    Currently using 3ML of Big Bloom
    and 2ML of Grow Big
    (Fox Farm)

Flushing once every week and adding nutrients.
    I keep my PH Between 5.5 and 6.

I don't know where my PPM is- do to I don't have a tester, is this necessary to complete the grow?

Using Mylar Reflectors,
    2 Airstones

Recovered from nutrient burn once and think my main strain might be showing some signs of it again.

Strains being grown are Black Cream, and Berry Bomb.

Attached Files:

2. A tds meter is invaluable when growing hydroponically. It's not nessesary, but for 10 bucks on eBay you will save yourself a lot of frustration. Keep track of how much you add. Write it down or something. If you keep seeing nutrient burn then you need to keep the nutrients down.

Also organic nutrients tend to gather at the bottom. That can cause nutrients to fluctuate. You might want to look into GH nutrients or if you are willing to spend a bit more than advanced nutrients is supposedly the best. I'm no pro with dwc, bu I imagine fox farm wouldn't be ideal.

3. Wouldn't the air stones keep it mixed?

Also ill take some pics and post them tomorrow so ill have a better idea if it actually is burning.

I appreciate your reply

4. #4 jimmyboi, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    ***Update 4.24

Showing more growth, a lower leaf started to change color don't know if it matters at this point can someone help?

Also took a pic of my roots do they look like they have neut burn?

Does it matter i'm using tap water?

Attached Files:

5. #5 coke.lady, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    what's ur water pH? Tap water doesn't matter if pHed down by nutrients & possible -pH acid to 5.5 - 6.5 pH

FYI: Tap water is aprox 7.5 pH, that's unusable for hydro & aero, check pH charts 4 hydro & aero

Yea I ph my tap water after sitting out for 24 hrs at least

7. I to am using an aerogarden. I have been having spots and curling of my leaves. Anyone know what's going on? I check and adjust my ph every day. It's always 5.8-6.2. I use ff hydro 3part. I'm not using tiger yet. No signs of pre flowering. It's about 1 1/2 month old. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400099077.363040.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400099097.925217.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400099138.058919.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400099176.625636.jpg also I'm just growing 1 right now as an experiment. Please help.

SZM

8. My first grow ever was with an Aerogarden! I made some adjustments but if you have any questions that I could maybe answer, then fire away!! :)