Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dissociation And History Of Mental Health Illness?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by miamia3005, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

So I think I've been toking for somewhere between half a year and a year now (very rough estimate, sorry) and a few months ago I had a pretty bad experience that i still worry about sometimes. 

I was having my second joint in the space of a couple hours, which is more than standard for me, and then about 5 minutes after smoking i started laughing lots at nothing. my friend then started laughing at me and it was just a nice, normal, giggly high. But then i just kept laughing and smiling until my face began to really hurt. I mentioned it to her and we agreed it was weird but no biggie. But things just kept getting worse. I started to get a really bad head ache and began to feel like my life was a dream (something I have experienced before while sober, but not as bad as this), and the feeling just got worse and worse. I laid down to try and sleep it off but i couldn't sleep, and I'm not a good sleeper any way, especially at other people's houses. We put on the TV to try and distract me but it wouldn't work, and i would go through periods where i forgot that life and my existence was real, and then when i remembered it would seem really strange, and i was buggin out. My vision was clear but sort of 'noisy', I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like when someone way over sharpens a picture on photoshop or something, and that's the only way i can describe it (stupid and not helpful lol i know, sorry). When i first started to feel really rough and i told my friend, she has been smoking weed much longer than me, she said it was no biggie and would pass, but now it was getting to the time where it'd been about 4 hours. I was really scared because I felt completely insane and like I'd never be normal again, which is particularly scary for me because i already have quite a few severe mental health problems (depression, anxiety disorder etc and have had to be hospitalized and see many doctors because of this).

I didn't want to go home as i didn't want my family to see me like that as they don't know i smoke, but it was getting late and things weren't getting better so I decided to just go home and got to bed, even though it was only like 8pm. I went home and managed to not let on to my family what was happening, just saying i didn't feel very well so was going to lay down. When i went to my room to change into my PJ's, I felt like it was someone else undressing me and not my own hands. It was very strange and quite scary. I just laid in the dark until about 10pm when i began to feel better. 
    I spoke to my Dr about this experience and he said that it may have just been that my mind was in a particularly bad place that day so the drugs affected me badly, and I have smoked many times and been fine since then, but the thought of this still bothers me, especially as i already have mental health problems and some psychosis in my family.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, Have a good day and happy smoking!  :smoke:

2. Your marijuanna was laced with condensed milk