F**k It, 4 Buckets.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Fheyr13, Apr 23, 2014.

1. I think I remember reading that you were going to use your closet for the veg clone room. If so, I'd say just paint the wall white (if not already) then use some cfl lights to veg with. They actually work very well to veg with and are energy efficient.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1298766-2Nd-Dwc-Grow-With-White-Widow.

2. Yup, that closet is like 2.5x5 and all I need is to waterproof the floor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #24 Fheyr13, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Lost another Fruit punch :(   there's one left and she's looking like I should just scrap her too.

That leaves 3 Durbans...

I placed an order with Herbies for some of Barney's Farm Pineapple chunk and everything else for the transforming closet. Hopefully this time next week everything will be here.

4. #25 GoldGrower, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
    Buying a £50 tent can seriously lighten your work load when it comes to building a grow space.

I can leave my DWC grow for a week if I wanted too. If you don't want to make a top off reservoir you could always use a bigger reservoir to begin with. In my opinion a 25 litre bucket isn't big enough anyway. I have a 70 litre reservoir with just the one plant in it. When I was running F&D I had a 145 litre res and that thing lasted for ages 

5. Wish I had the space for bigger buckets lol.

Here are some pics. (wish I knew how to caption each pic).

The three similar ones are the durbans and the scraggly one is the fruit punch. She's the only one without visible roots in the netpot.

Also a pleasant surprise.... The super silver haze reg seed I tossed in the garden showed it's face and looks the best! hope it turns out to be female. If the fruitpunch is indeed dead there may be a transplant in the future....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. Forgot the fruitpunch! Also found this bug in my grow room, thoughts?

Attached Files:

7. Its some sort of wasp, it won't hurt your plants. They are predatory but usually have very specific prey so is likely irrelevant to your plants

8. #29 GoldGrower, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    Something like this maybe worth using next time. You can have several plants in it sharing the space and if you had one that took up the same space as your combined buckets it would have a fuck load more litres in there

The one pictured is just an 18 litre but you could get a 145 litre that is about 16" tall and an area of about 16"x24" 

[​IMG]

9. Hmm.... I'll for sure look into that, GG.  perhaps it'll make it into the next rotation.

10. Something ate the ssh! Still looks salvageable. Should I pull it now (super carefully) ? Should it go on the FP's spot, in a rapid rooter plug under a dome, or the new oxy clone?

Attached Files:

11. Looks like it's fighting back though. It looks fine man, give it a few days and it won't make any difference. Might be worth throwing a few slug pellets around. Looks like snail or slug damage

two days ago I saw one of those tiny steamlined grasshopper things on the stalk and pulled it off. I'm wondering if it's that.

13. Ahh most likely then. Other than the bite marks it looks healthy

14. #35 Fheyr13, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Here it is, the Leaf Hopper. [​IMG]        it was more of a grey but looked spot on. he was so small that he fit on the stalk with room to spare.    I've got some NEEM.... would it hurt to spritz the seedling?

15. Well, whatever it is, it loves reefer. Went to water and she had lost all of her points. Transplanted as carefully as someone of my clumsiness could.

Two birds with one stone. Testing the oxyclone

Attached Files:

16. Dam that little bastard. Neem oil should be fine, I have never seen a case where neem oil has damaged a plant

i like that cloner, does the neoprene disks squeeze in the holes, or sit on top? Could you take a photo with one of the disks removed for me? I was looking to buy one recently. I made a similar style cloner which works, but I do like the look of that one

17. Quick update here. Everything is going well but the fruit punch has not shown any positive signs. It'll be replaced by the garden sprout.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

18. #40 GoldGrower, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
    Ahha I suspected they were like that, that's a very well thought out design. I made a DWC cloner that was similar. My disks push in to the holes. I much prefer they sit in dips like your one. I think the different colour disks is a brilliant idea too

Great videos man, thanks for sharing

Here's mine.. 
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]