F**k It, 4 Buckets.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Fheyr13, Apr 23, 2014.

1. It's time for another grow!

This time I will be growing 2xDurban Poison and 2xFruitpunch (Heavyweight).

I had two strawberry blue but gave em to a friend.

5 gallon bubblebuckets in my 4x4x7 tent and 2x400w led panels with built in uvb.

My nutrients are still the full line of Heavy16

The seeds just cracked and my friend's strawberry blue is first out of the rockwool.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. The Durban poisons have been doing wonderfully. The fruit punch on the other hand are stunted, gross looking, and overall are terrible. In the pics all the durbans are tall and healthy. All the ones you see that are short are the FP.

The biggest and best looking is by far my only strawberry blue. The SB is back in the line up.

2-DP
    1-FP
    1-SB

Attached Files:

3. Just finished the weekend project.

My wife loves the planter and the baby reefer are enjoying some sun.

Attached Files:

4. Just about ready to transfer the plugs into their new forever buckets. I'm loving the smaller net pots and my new rockwool set up

Attached Files:

5. Finally picked the strongest of each. They're in their forever homes now.

Attached Files:

6. Subbin in, should be a good go around!

7. Subbed. What wattage do those 400w LEDs actually draw?

8. here's everything you need to know. They also just came out with newer models that are 10% stronger.

Attached Files:

9. #11 Fheyr13, May 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2014
    I went into the grow room to find that booklet and ended up doing about an hour's worth of misc work lol.  Lost the Strawberry blue :(  replaced with a fruit punch. 

I'm fearing that I should just bite the bullet and start over, I really fried these little ladies that day i left them in the sun.

it's led me to rethink some things though and now I'm gonna transform my little closet into a clone/veg room and shoot for a perpetual harvest.

any suggestion on a good strain for a perpepual that harvests every 3 weeks?

10. #12 Fheyr13, May 4, 2014
  11. Its not completely about what strain and more about timing and scheduling.

I would start with 3 or more vegging clones. Get them close to where you want and take a few cuts for clones about a week or so before you flower the first plant.

Flower one and take new cuts.
    At first sign of pistils mark how many days it took.

Say it takes 7 days to keep things simple.

If signs of flowering takes a week you would want to flower the next 14 days after the first. This gives you your 1 week window for flowering and keeps you on that 3 week target.

By the time you get to your 3rd original clone she should be pretty big unless....

Depending on your personal success rate with cloning this may vary but some good old fashioned trial and error will get you dialed in.

.... Plan on taking cuts for cloning off the 3rd plant as she will be vegging the longest. Take as many as you need to keep your cycle going. The more you take the bigger the plants will be by time you flower or you can flower multiple plants at a time.

Anyways the idea is to have your first round of cuts that you took before flowering the first to be rooted and ready.

If you took cuts a week before the first flower cycle they would have around 10 weeks of time to root and veg before you needed them.

When you get here repeat your process. Take new cuts a week before you flower the new clones.

Boom.

Journal:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1290525-400w-MH/HPS-mixed

12. I'm gonna have to re read that post like 5 times lol. Good info.

13. my wife brings up a concern.

as long as we're growing we cannot go anywhere for more than a day since i'm running dwc :(   if i start a perpetual i'll perpetually be at home lol

14. #17 Fheyr13, May 4, 2014
    when it's flower time they drink 1-2 gallons a day out of the 5 gal bucket and I'm not set up with a res.

15. would you be able to run extra res with pumps in them that pumps what it would normally takes to top off at the end of day? Just see how long it takes to pump however many gallons you need and put on timer.... just a suggestion. If the extra electricity isn't a problem of course. But would be fairly cheap to build and set up. Maybe $50-$100 if that

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1298766-2Nd-Dwc-Grow-With-White-Widow.

16. Hmm I will have to research this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app