Wtf Crashed Into The Moon

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by p42082, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Ok i dont think this has been brought up and if it has im sorry i couldnt find it.

This, from what i understand seems legit.

Something crashed into the moons surface and bounced along it creating craters along the way. I know its a bit long but please roll a joint or load a bowl sit back and watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPUhZSnlUI

2. #2 Sam_Spade, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    There's an old joke about the amateur telescope jockey that saw a bug through his scope and decided aliens were invading.

This is pretty much the same thing, but he made a youtube video about it.

3. Seems pretty interesting, but i just can't get over the fact of how easy this would be to fake. If people can make a fake cgi alien as a hoax, i'm pretty sure someone can make a video moving a couple blurry pixels across the surface of the moon. Or a bug on the telescope like the guy above me said. And for the part where he said it was an object maneuvering around, you can't see it at all aside from a quick line when it moves. Too many variables to come to a conclusion to be honest.

4. I dont know man, this guy seems to know what he is talking about.

I have followed the links to have a little look, all seems very interesting to me.

5. But its not a meteor though, is it.

6. Plus, if this is real, it has just travelled, basically across the USA (as a comparison) in 6 seconds.

7. #7 semprfidelis, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    NASA is always watching the moon and even have a picture of the moon getting hit. I think there's a reason this wasent done by NASA and is being uploaded by an amateur.

8. #8 Sam_Spade, Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, when he claimed that, it just demonstrated that he clearly doesn't really know his shit.

Even a stable orbit of 20km works out to approximately 1600 m/s+. An object on a direct collision could be considerable more, and wouldn't be anomalyous at all.

Besides, what is shown in the video is simply not what you'd expect to find in an impact event. Whatever this fella has caught on video, it's not what he thinks it is. He makes his agenda pretty clear in some of his other videos. He's all about the extraterrestiral beings, not the astronautics.

So in regard to your above claims; the video's creator simply doesn't know what he is talking about. I wouldn't be falling all over myself to defend his crummy pseduoscience if I were you.

9.  I knew i shouldn't have attempted a week of no-fap!!

10. Ok guys thanks for the input.

11. #11 Sam_Spade, Apr 24, 2014

No problem :yummy:

I would like to add that there is tons and tons and tons to be excited about in spaceflight news these days. We don't need to fabricate fantasy to make space interesting and dangerous.

We're living at the dawn of an exciting new era, and there is so much going on. This is a record launch year for SpaceX and Orbital Sciences, with the USAF and ULA launching on the regular, and enough Protons and Soyuz goin up from Kazakstan to break the bank. JAXA has been much more ambitious with their launch capabilities as well, to make no mention of China and India's substantial exploration projects.

Just yesterday, NASA conducted a rare and exciting spacewalk on the ISS in orbital night. Recent EVAs have been risky and exciting, including Parmitano's near drowning, the ammonia leak, and the failed external camera hubs.

In a launch just last week, SpaceX beat the engineering odds and managed a partially-successful landing of a main engine rocket stage - something that has never been done before.

In the next couple years, I think we're going to see some even more exciting developments including the newly minted Orion capsule, China's space station, SpaceX's manned launch capabilities and booster recovery system, and the James Webb telescope - just to name a few!

Get's me all riled up! :hello:  I've got to make a point of attending a live launch before too long.

And doesn't want to know....

MelT

13. I saw the iss the other night, I never seen it before and it was only cos i watched a program called live lap around the planet that i got into it and wanted to see it. As i was watching it go ver my house i thought if i didnt know what i was looking at i would think umm.
    Those people on the iss have the best job.

14. extreme isolation in a very small space without natural oxygen or gravity, where tons of things could go wrong at any second and your main objectives are mostly things like doing math and watching the impact of being in space on various objects and keep meticulous logs?

yeah man, its the shit.

You made a similar post to my view of going to weave baskets in the Rainforest-when I sometimes just have enough of this bs society

I'm not crackin' on you

It's just you have to pay to play

16. no doubt, its more about what you personally gain in the end. its why men go into space to look down upon the earth and first sailed to Antarctica just to see what was there. sometimes the experience surpasses all negatives.

however, i like to try to see things in an unromantic lens as well. some people would probably literally go insane from the stress of being in space for extended periods. its a job with unique benefits many people simply cant ever experience, but it isnt a glamorous job.

17. Man you made iss sound like a mundane job lol.

I get what youre saying about it not being glamorous but i didnt mean that when i said they have the best jobs. Im talking about how lucky they are to experience the things they have, something that most of us will never see or experience. Those people on board the iss even consider themselves to be very lucky to have such a job.

18. I'm not skeptical of this. The craters prove something actually hit the moon and it was not some bug on the lense or a digital make up. Even if the craters were fake, that could be proven through previous and up to date images of the lunar surface. People are so closed minded to reject the possibility that things can happen either without us being aware of them or that they are simply unannounced or concealed by our authority figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I agree with you about closed minds and this did look real to me but, im not good when it comes to photoshop or editing. So I hope people that do know what theyre looking at make comments based on their skill and not what they think.
    Im still unsure about this but what can I prove, not much.

20. Exactly man. Too many people out there think that the government is incapable of hiding shit from us and that they share all of their knowledge with us. In my opinion, the government is full of corruption. Who knows. Maybe we as a human race have already spread across the galaxy to other life bearing planets but the technology needed to do so is kept a secret. If that is the truth, fuck the system!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum