Broken Bong Need Advise

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jinx the Cat, Apr 23, 2014.

1. So this happend... Is there any way I can fix to make my nail stay on? It broke when I was trying to take it off. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398276764.535317.jpg

2. No one can help? I feel like I just broke my 400$ rig ):

3. doesnt seem to be a way you can healthily and safely fix that, glass breaks man its just its nature, time to shop for a new one.

4. Stem repairs aren't that expensive. Look into it.
    And next time don't let your joint get so claimed up, give it an iso wipe every now and then to prevent this from happening again

5. You broke your $400 rig. :( you're gonna need to get it repaired if you want to use it in a non-ghetto fashion.

You broke it by pulling your nail off? Were you being rough or what?

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I was gently twisting off nail and heard a break ):

7. Same thing with glass domes, if its really claimed up you should always take it off while its warm so it won't stick.

8. That is a sweet bathroom counter-top! as for the bong, your LHS could probably fix it at a cost 

9. ya'll need to wrap your joints with wax/parchment paper, will make your life a lot easier and your glass safer.  Plus no scorch marks on the joint.

I get so annoyed at these fucking male joints, I really don't know why they have to make everything direct inject.  Wish everyone would switch to female joints and male nails, you just don't have this issue.  Plus cleaning is easier cause all the claim is inside the joint not on the outside.

Sure when all we had was a dome and nail the male joint made sense, but now we have honey buckets, quave bangers, infinity nails, etc.  

I either wrap my joints or I would use an adaptor (or drop down) as a spacer.

10. Well it was broken too low on the joint. ): but I ended up going to a head shop to see what I wanted next and ended up buying this beauty. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398295142.503080.jpg

My only problem is the joint made my carb cap go too high. So it almost hits ur face and it pisses me off.

11. #11 T-o-W-e-R, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah it looks like its the glass adapter that's killin ya.
    With smaller pieces, a bent neck or the like can be more ergonomic sometimes

12. I let my friend borrow my adapter which brigs the nail further away from the peice. "Since I didn't need it" After I get it back I'm sure my problems will be solved. I sadly bought two of those adapters cause I dropped the 1st one steps after walking out of the head shop ):

13. Damn man well I hope you catch a break

14. I was having a bad day until I hit my new rig. There's no better feeling then getting new glass