Plant For My Bedroom

Discussion in 'General' started by Borborygmus, Apr 23, 2014.

1. I am not looking to grow weed, though I wish I could. I think it would be cool to have a little tree or some kind of cool plant growing in my room. Anybody else have anything growing inside? What are some cool plants that can grow inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. We have avocado, lemon, orange, citronella, jade plant, bay leaf , tomatoes, aloe vera.

3. I used to have a little cactus lol. It looked cool and I didn't have to water it much :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. I will need something that doesn't need too much light. I have a south window but the sun doesn't really get over the trees for long in the winter. I want to get a jade plant, and there was a bamboo tree I was looking at online.

Do any of those give fruit if they're grown inside?

5. Ya I will probably get a cactus for sure! Just incase someone breaks in through my window haha

6. #6 Doc-J, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Coleus does well in low light, hard to under water, near impossible to over water, and is the easiest plant I've seen to root cuttings. Some varieties have nice vivd colors, and they carry them in most box stores that have a garden center. Short of some succulents, these are one of the easiest plants to grow.

Catus look cool, so do bonzais and bamboo but I find them a bit boring as far as growing something for a hobby.

IMG_20140423_155622.jpg

7. the coleus in the top right has a beautiful color. ive always enjoyed their patterns.

most things can be grown indoors without much trouble, and virtually everything can be grown indoors if youre willing to create the right environment.

what i tell anybody asking about planting is to pick what plants you love. even if you hear it does terrible in your climate or indoors. if you try to grow what plants you love you will always have a splendid garden even if everything dies.