Are These Plants In A State Of Animated Suspension?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by turtle360, Apr 23, 2014.

1. #1 turtle360, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    I'm perplexed. For a week these plants grew smartly. Since then and now its been 9/10 days there's been close to zero progress. Being first grow I have no point of reference but some folks on the Tube post 2 week old plants all bushy and what not. Now, these are autos planted straight to container. FF soil. 4 days under a little 13 watt 6500k bulb each very close. Since then it's been under a 110watt T5 at about 73 degrees, 45% RH. These pix were a few days ago but they're about the same.
    They in a stalling pattern? Feedback appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Probably the 73 degrees slowing things down. Optimal temps 80-90 for veg IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds perfect, maybe they're focusing on root growth at the moment. Prolly see a growth spurt in the next week

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 turtle360, Apr 23, 2014
    90 sounds toasty. I'm thinking the light is enough to sustain life but not encourage rapid growth. Plant 2 is particularly sluggish. Plant 1 shows a little gain. The pix above were Monday night. Below today, Wednesday morning.
    P1010611.JPG P1010612.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. I can see a difference from Monday to Wednesday.  Have you grown autos before?

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you want to see autos grow fast do them hydro under a 1,000w light.

I found the key is to get them up fast to get any size before they flower. If you dont pound the light to them they can stall flower and literally yield a joint.

I recently got 30 grams trimmed and dried from an auto and that was a decent plant.

7. They are establishing a root zone and will take off when theyre ready.

It wont be long.

8. #8 turtle360, Apr 23, 2014
    Never grown a thing 'cept sprouts and lettuce. I was fine till I saw some bonehead's video on the Tube labelled 2 week plant and it looked quite mature.........Now I'm suffering from wee(d)ness envy.

9. Your temps are perfect. How are you watering, how often, and how saturated?  Just give it some time. 

10. Be patient brah

11. #11 turtle360, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Sowed straight to prewatered soil and misted surface only for 4 days. Watered days 4 and 9 just to runoff point barely, day 9 with a splash of Big Bloom, ph measured. Although now that I mention it I forgot to retest the ph after adding the Big Bloom. sheesh. I'm best guessing but hardly neglectful.

12. I dont know if the big bloom would have any effect so early on, but that stuff is for fruiting and bud production. Try laying off of that and see if there's a difference.

13. It's in their feeding schedule from the get go. More to the point I asked them their usage advice pointing out I didn't want to over feed or feed too early on account the soil is nutritious and was told it could only be beneficial. Not to be confused with Tiger Bloom of course. More and more I think light may be the biggest factor. 110 florescent watts over the two plants may be skimpy. I've been advised 400 or even 600 halide watts. Far cry.

14. #14 MrsNancyBotwin, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    They are way too young to be using nutes,
    and they are growing, just slowly,
    they may be smaller than the dude on YouTube be coz he may have been using proper lights/soil he may have been using clones, who knows,
    90 is a lil on the warmer side, but they are a tropical hot region plant, 70 is on the lower end of where I would want to be with mine.. I always hover between 80-90
    If you want advice try not pissing on everything that is being said to u by the seasoned growers, you asked for advice

15. #15 turtle360, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    Me no doth protesting at all. Just gathering information.

I am using FF soil and FF food. If I ask FF how to manage the grow and they represent a food product as safe at any time it might be worth considering their advice as equal as others. For good order's sake I was pointing out that the product, Big Bloom is not Tiger Bloom which I would not touch at this stage. FF introduces Big Bloom at the seedling stage, week zero.

The plants may be amenable to 90* temps. At the same time I reference the guidance of jcj77d, may he be resting peacefully, who stated in his pinned The Beginners Guide To Get You Started in Growing Cannabis
    The Basics
    of 5 years ago: Thermometer/Hydrometer: These are necessary so you can help control your grow rooms environment. For the vegetation cycle optimal temperatures & humidity levels are: 75-78F (lights on) & 5-10 degrees lower when lights off, & 50-70% RH. For Flowering the optimal temperatures are 75-78F during early flowering, & 80-83F for mid-late flowering to help stimulate trich production, & The RH for flowering needs to be around 40%, & lower as you near harvest.

There is such a variety of info out there. I think the greatest consensus would agree that 110 watts is not a heavy load. Not pissing. Just a thought.

Turtle is correct, Big Bloom is just a bottled compost tea that conditions your soil. Ingredients = EWC, guano, kelp, and rock dust.

[​IMG]

I've never burned my plants with this stuff or any of my homemade teas.

17. How long? They're still only 3 1/2 inches vertical. Otherwise alive and kicking. They look like this now, Day 13:
    P1010616.JPG

Day 13..... Still time to achieve normalcy?