Opinions On Attending School High?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TheShadyType, Apr 23, 2014.

1. is attending school high fun or overwhelming? what's your opinions on it guys 😜

2. I didnt do me any harm, i left with poor grades but have my own business.

School dont do much in my eyes, just get the kids ready to be good debt servants in the system.

3. High school? if you can keep your grades up, go for it. College? If you don't miss classes, go for it.

4. Its not that bad actually. I do the same work when im sober, and it doesn't feel harder. It also makes class go by really fast

5. If you're American and you think the work in high school is "overwhelming", I think you're ridiculous.

6. Yeah I went to school high a lot. But I always had easy classes for first hour. If you have a difficult math class first, it might not be good to be baked haha.

7. Unfortunately I didn't start smoking till I was 18 so I never got to experience it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 SiberianShepherd, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    High School is pointless( In America) Get C's or D's and pass it as quick as you can. Then go to a community college. Anything you do in a community college with show up instead of high school grades/credits when you go to transfer. So going to high school is pointless. I wish my parents sent me to a continuation school so I could have graduated in 2 years( at the age of 16 it's that easy) so I could have started college sooner.

9. High school is only pointless if it is pointless to you.
    For me high school was all about playing football, friends, and all the things that came with it. Besides that, it was complete bullshit and a waste of time. I'm pretty sure I learned all I needed before I was in HS. It actually made it worse for my life that I was forced to goto HS because I wasted 2 more years on top of that in community college just to end up dropping out. They weren't hard, matter in fact I don't recall ever studying for longer than 30 minutes for given material and I would still pass the class with at least a B. Also having to deal with so many fuckhead people and basshead teachers is stressful.
    But ya, that is my opinion on high school.

For your situation, just tell her face to face and tell her you quit. As long as she believes you quit in her mind.. That is all that matters on her part. Now if that requires having to take a drug test, then go ahead and show her a successful drug test. It shouldn't be hard at all since you don't smoke too often anyway. Think of it as a white lie. Once you're out of your parent's house is when it doesn't really matter. I
    t's a win-win, she thinks you quit-you don't have to quit.

10. High school is just daycare here in America

11. Im canadian and my experience was you get out of school what you want to get out of it. Many people took the easiest schedule they could. I did first year college science courses.

Physics sure isnt easy. I mean its completely do able but my point is there iss challenging material to be had in high school

12. For the most part, not really. Some stuff might be available, but most classes I needed for college i couldn't get through high school (no honors or ap physics or bio). And the teachers either don't care or can't help those who want to succeed because teachers are essentially forced to harass people who clearly don't want to learn and wouldn't be there if they weren't forced to.

Then there's the good ol social stigmas to wanting to excel due to transference of people who don't apply themselves.

I suppose I could have went to private school to avoid daycare, but we didn't have 15k a year when i was a kid.we didn't even go on vacations because of our poverty.

A bit of resentmet, but its based in a feeling of a failing education system. We should absolutely give everyone an opportunity to be educated, but let's face it, not eveyone wants to be. And they bring down those who are generally interested and excited to learn.

13. I think it depends on what high school you go to. Mine offered ap courses, duel enrollment at the local community college and even vocational/technical training if you weren't about the school life. Some students took advantage others like you said treated it like a daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. i stopped going when they stopped teaching me anything new..... went and aced their equivalency exam.... got my diploma that way and have been to a few collages since then....it makes no difference which paper you have..... the one that says you sat thru all those classes to get it..... or the one that says you figured it out on your own.... unless you want to go to upper level school.... you are good.... they dont even ask to see it... just if you have it... 

15. I found school high to be overwhelming but being high made me take a lot more notes.  

One time I took firecrackers in school.  That was a big mistake

16. i never had a problem smoking in school...or at work for that mater.....
    but knew those who did.....

17. #17 BlazedGlory, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    In the school i went to that was solved by me taking advanced science courses. Nobody in there was disruptive because they werent mandatory, only dedicated students took those classes.

Yeah in the core courses it definitely felt like daycare sometimes. One math class was like this, people talking constantly walking around the room whenever they felt like it few people working. It was a little disgusting actually. I mean these kids wete 17 Its not like we were dealing with grade 8s here

18. Idk I do fine, and makes the day go by fine.
    Infact today I went high, and we took some tests to see where we are at academically. Scored higher than everyone else and didn't try ;)

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

19. The social aspect was fun for me in high school. Getting a car, first time smoking weed, being reckless, partying. The work was easy and BS for the most part. High school education in my opinion is learning to remember, repeat, and follow orders. It went by a little too fast for me. I didn't realize how good and easy I had it during high school. Enjoy it while you can. Shit changes afterward

20. Wow thats a great explanation. +rep. I wish