Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Think Im Losing My Mind.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by grassman97, Apr 23, 2014.

1. I have been respecting my parents wishes and staying sober for a while. Today marks 2 1/2 months, but I feel like I'm slowly losing parts of me. I'm becoming more irritated all the time, I can hardly stay focused anymore, and I barely sleep. I've been trying to keep myself busy, by going to the gym a lot, riding my mountain bike, and even started kick boxing. It just doesn't seem to be working. Every single moment I end up thinking "Damn, I could go for a bowl right now... Or 2... Or 12." I've tried explaining how I fully believe smoking genuinely helps me, and that I don't do it just to get high. I think I've become a better person since I started smoking, but I just feel like I'm losing my grip on reality and just find myself staring at nothing. My parents say that when we move we can sit down and "revisit the whole pot thing" but I don't actually see that happening soon and even when we revisit it, I don't think their views will change. If I could move out right now I would, but at this moment it's impossible. I just need some advice on where to go from here. Anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 LonestarLoner, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Moderation man, obviously your parents are not okay with it but that's normal cannabis has a bad stigma to quite a few older generations and is now just starting to be legalized, don't smoke near or around your parents or at their house if you still live with them. In my opinion you should combine your hobbies go mountain biking or trail riding and find a scenic place to smoke a bowl it's beautiful and your sweat will cover some of the smell, it's the best! Don't forget to take sober periods because I think we can all agree getting high everyday is not good for the majority of us, eat right, work out, enjoy life.

3. Grassman97, is 1997 the year you were born?  

4. Damn your attention to detail is good.

5. Haha, I get asked that a lot. No it's not.

6. People say weed isn't addictive but this dude is losing touch with reality because he isn't smoking for a couple months. Sounds like pot is actually jacking your mind up dude.

7. That happens to me whenever I take an extended t-break. I feel your pain, and I just want to tell you that it's completely a completely natural phenomenon when someone abruptly stops smoking marijuana.

Sometimes when I'm feeling really shitty from not being able to smoke, I just do something spontaneous. A few weeks ago I was feeling down and suggested to my group of friends that we go to karaoke. It totally washed away my shitty mood.

I guess all it really boils down to is distracting yourself with things that you truly enjoy doing. All the stress in your life is just stacking up, and right now it's even more cumbersome without weed in your system (which is what your body has been accustomed to).

8. Very true guys, thanks. I'll work on spontaneous.

9. sometimes i feel like im becoming more closed-minded when i quit smoking. my views towards things shift more towards the norm and it always worries me because i appreciate the ways and angles cannabis helps me look at things. i could be completely wrong though, maybe your just getting a stress overload like some asian toker said. stress can make you think and do some strange things

10. #10 OpenBar420, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    How old are you?
    Seems your to young if your parents are telling you what you can and cant do

11. Smoking weed takes the edge off reality for the most part. So being sober def sucks but it's all In your head. One thing that I make sure to do when not smoking is to be active in the gym and eat healthy making me feel a whole lot better

12. I'm 22, but I'm staying with my parents until I finish school. So, it's still their house.

Sounds fishy. If you're really 22, you should know how to smoke without your parents knowing.

14. I mean if he's gotten caught multiple times through his life then they would probably know when he's been smoking or he's stoned. Did they raid your room and find your stash? It doesn't really matter how old the kids are, parents aren't idiots. Especially since most of them have tried it

15. Ya, I've gotten caught before. A few times. They've even raided my room twice.

16. I think you're all just trying to be detectives and are all over-thinking this. My ex was 23 and lived with her uncle and she had to hide it from her uncle. Doesn't mean she was 'underage' or anything. 

OP, I know the feeling. Up until I met Mary Jane I always had issues where I felt like I was in a dream, like nothing was real. My attention span was awful, I was depressed all the time. Then I started smoking and have became such a better person than I used to be - whenever I take a break myself I get irritated easily and it doesn't go away because I was like that before I started smoking. Wish I knew how to help, but while you're under their roof, there isn't much you can do but respect their wishes.

17. I understand your parents don't want you to smoke at home but fuck man your 22. Go out and smoke somewhere else and go home once the high is over.

18. #18 glassphanatic94, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    Some parents get so crazy with that shit. My bf parents used to drug test him right after he got busted. You could try vaporizing all you want or as many sploofs as possible. Some parents just aren't going to let it go.
    I was lucky enough to have parents that both smoke and would never try to stop me.
    I also struggled with depression before I smoked and I never handled it well. I was constantly self harming until I found Mary Jane to keep me sane lol. The day i started smoking I felt was the day I started healing. I haven't stopped since then so I truly couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to take a break but i feel for you. After 4 years of smoking everyday I think I would lose my mind too

19. #19 dirtydingusus, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    I never really hid it.... just kept it out of their faces and wasn't a problem...
    As others seem to already be suggesting....

I agree with you, but your ex was able to hide it