Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking With A Pipe

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by yojoho, Apr 23, 2014.

1. So I'm thinking of buying a metal or glass pipe from a friend. The reason I wanna get it is to smoke outside without getting the smell on my clothes and I heard that pipes do that. Well, at least, that's what I heard. My main concern is not getting the smell on my clothes because I'm in high school and I still live with my parents. Any thoughts on metal/glass pipes? Do they really prevent the smell from getting on my clothes?

2. #2 plastikboy, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    well i can tell you that i smoke a pipe and i never smell of smoke or weed , sometimes ashy resin can get on your hands or clothes though and that stuff stinks so watch out, but  just make sure your outside cos it dont matter what you smoke when your inside ,yo will smell of it

3. Smoking out of it no. Your good BUT. You have to pack the bowl. Now your hand smell like weed. Unpack bowl. Now you have ashy smelling hands. But if your just worried about clothes smelling your perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Having a pipe at my house, I would like to point out that it does not eliminate the odor. The odor will still be pretty strong because you're still in close contact and you'll also begin to smell ashy. Being a regular paper/blunt/pipe smoker I end up reeking of either mj or ash.

5. You might want a sneak a toke.

6. You'll be fine. Just smoke a distance from your door and air yourself out a little. Just walk around outside for like 2 minutes while you're smoking.

Smell usually won't get on your clothes unless you're smoking a joint or blunt.

7. I‘ve smoked from a pipe and no, it will not eliminate the smell....seriously, you are smoking weed still, how will the odor just magically go away by smoking from a pipe? people need to retake science... what you should do is, if your parents have never smoked weed, then you're probably fine. Since they will not recognize the smell. But if they do, just put on some cologne or axe and stuff like that. Make sure you always put it on you no matter if you are smoking or not, so your parents know that you just like to put cologne on. Otherwise they will probably suspect you because all of sudden you put on cologne for no reason.

8. What you do is get 2 corn cob pipes. one for tobacco and one for herb. :D

Then seeing you smoking a pipe is normal.

I had a college professor who smoked a pipe, after class we would joke around with him.."Come smoke a bowl with us?" ," that stash smells funny you got the hippy blend go on?", "Dont let that sit around or somebody will load it with hash for you"

9. Lmao it's marijuana smoke you could smoke outa a fucking straw and the smell will still be there dude, your friend is prolly saying shit just to make money off of you. It's called spray( axe, old spice ect...) and eye drops are your best bet if you don't wana get caught.

10. I smoked on my back porch on the daily like 2 hours before my parents got home in high school with my trusty glad pipes. Just grab a fresh pair of clothes to put on after you're done and make sure everything gets properly aired out and smelling good and you are fine

11. If you're concerned about getting the smell on your clothes, just wear a different pair of clothes out to blaze, then when you're done, change back into your previous clothes. If you don't want any weed smell on your clothes at all I would highly suggest investing in a vaporizer, I own the DaVinci Ascent and love it.

12. Smoke when u are naked...problem solved...

13. Yeah, if you smoke outside with a pipe and stay outside or walk around for a bit after you smoke, you won't smell. That worked for my friends and I.

14. Vaporizing is the least smelly. Bongs are significantly more smelly than vaporizing. Pipes are significantly more smelly than a bong. Joints are significantly more smelly than pipes. Of course you can become good at using any of them and learn how to cover your smoke trail better. I get almost no smoke in my room with my bong if I kill the bowl quickly after hitting it. Pipes are as smelly as you let them get. Joints you know of course are impossible to mask. A water pipe would do you good they're just a mix of a pipe and bong. The most undetectable form of MJ I've found so far is wax. Seems like nobody knows what that stuff smells like at all and nobody relates it to the MJ smell. Of course the coughing is hard to hide.

15. They don't prevent it but they get a lot less on you than joints do. Just make sure the wind is blowing the smoke away from your body and blow the smoke downwind. 

16. This is just me, I only use pipes to smoke out of since I live with my parents and smoke weed in my room and hide it. They don't come in my room anymore luckily but the paranoia drives me crazy because my parents and me don't get along much as it is, and I will lose my sanity with the depressing stage i've been in for the past while now without weed.

Anyways the smell isn't as strong as those gross blunts, and although my nose is numb to the smell since I'm sitting in it most of the day when i'm not at school (currently trying to find a new part time job). But in reality the smell is strong enough that if anyone walked in here they would probably cough and wonder what the hell that smell is.

But to answer your question, whenever I get high in my room (like before school etc) nowone is able to smell the weed off of me. Even the weed is blowing in my room and blowing on my clothes the smell hasn't caught anyones attention except a few times when immediately I went to stand beside next to my dad after i got out my room. But if you go outside for a little bit, and spray the RIGHT kind of freshner it will get rid of the smell off your clothes easily. Febreze and all that mixed with weed add an extra funky weed smelling smell, so get some blunt busters spray those work.

17. Best tips I can give which were already said are:
    1. Smoke outside
    2. Smoke up wind so it blows away from you.
    3. Smoke from a pipe or bong or better yet vape or dabs.
    4. Edibles if you can make them
    5. The smell lasts for about 10-15mins so have a walk and chill. It's good for you anyway.
    6. Eye drops, I don't use them but others use them religiously.

18. Take a short walk outside when you're done to naturally get rid of the smell. This will work especially well if it's windy or raining out.

19. If I don't blow the smoke up it sometimes just lingers near me If there's no breeze. My hair will smell a little or my scarf will. If you want to be extra safe just throw on a jacket take it off when you're done smoking. If your clothes do smell a little it would be on the jacket since it's closer to the pipe and people generally blow smoke slightly down.

20. I've never smelled like weed as far as I know from a pipe. The reason someone will smell is from a cigerete or joint burning all that smoke all over your hands and clothes.