Legalize Weed For A Brighter And Greener Future[Video]

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RiskyEnterprise, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hey guys!

I recently published a video talking about why weed should be legal and how it could improve our economy I would love to have your help in spreading the word!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0cQJw1_lI

Please check it out and let me know what you guys think

Thanks for your time!

2. Most of your points are true but the idea of people growing weed in their basement, and selling it to distributors, is not a realistic solution to the unemployment problem.  All that would have to happen is for Mexico to legalize it, and export it to the U.S. which will wipe out 90% of U.S. growers, including the big operations, in a heartbeat.  They will not be able to compete with Mexico for the recreational marijuana market. 

3. First, thanks for watching! You make a good point but It makes more sense to buy more locally as far as shipping is concerned also all that need to happen to ban imports of weed. Even something that is legal namely alcohol is hard to ship internationally. ALSO the majority of the tobacco Americans use is grown in the good old us of a so I imagine the same thing would be the case with weed if it is done correctly.

4. Tobacco is grown in soil that has been irradiated, this is why it causes cancer.  

I don't know anything about growing, but I know that outdoor weed is best, and cheap if it is done in the right climate such as Central and South America, certain parts of Asia, Africa, etc.  

I would rather have good Mexican weed than the types of weed that is grown in the United States.  The high is better, even if the THC isn't 30%, you don't need that and most people would be very happy with Mexican.  I've been saying this for YEARS, to the scorn of many people on GC (not all, the older people remember good Mexican).  Here's an indication, on a post (not mine) from another recent thread, that my prediction of Mexican weed making a comeback may be happening already: 

http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/1295219-new-connect.html#entry19824463

5. that was a good video, well put together and you spoke on some of the best arguments for legalization. definitely worth watching i enjoyed it. i agree with the blade some posts above me though, i dont see the home grows being a solution for unemployment. the average man on the street that has no land to call his own, he cant grow buds of reputable quality to distribute to established businesses. 

also, the volume on the intro and finishing clips is jacked up too loud

6. I'm just glad we are talking about it, what I would say is that perhaps if someone doesn't own land they could do some sort of land share program where people who want to get into the pot market and have land but don't really know how or have the time or drive to grow weed can basically "Lease" farmland to people who know how to grow and wish to do so but don't have their own land. The payment would be something like a 50/50 split between land owner and worker once the product is sold. Also they may be a demand for a company to arrange and manage these sort of things for a modest fee perhaps 5% lets just say for example. Land-share brokers if you will. I imagine once it is legal the demand for quality product will be practically endless for a good many years as infrastructure for production is being developed and new companies are forming and getting the business figured out. There is plenty of profit to go around. I am a student of Marketing and Business and one thing I have learned if you find a product that is guaranteed to sell (if you don't screw up the quality) due to a massive demand you will be highly successful. This is just one way that legalizing marijuana can and will improve our economy and lower unemployment drastically and that is pretty much my point in the video.