Showing Sex Already?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Harry_95, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Ma plant is 15 almost 16 days old, i didn't think they showed sex this young. Also what are your thoughts on what sex it is (if its showing) i mean i cant see any pistils but neither are they ball shaped, thanks

Attached Files:

2. too early

3. Aight, so it is beginning to even if it isnt to clear at the mo?

No, it is not. All it wants to do right now is grow, and that's what it's doing.

5. Those are it showing sex lol. Those are actual branches just starting out.

6. Those are not "branches" they're called stipules. Tell me what plant grows more stems below established nodes?

All strains are different. my plant is three weeks old from seed and is clearly a female. You don't have to induce flowering to show sex for any strain. Most strains show sex 3/4 into vegetive growth. Have yet to grow a plant that didn't show sex until flower.

OP give it 3 weeks or so and you might have answers.

7. It is the absolute beginner forum.... I don't understand what you mean by that bro? I want this beginner to get the correct information. I wasn't trying to start anything... Besides, you can always teach an old dog new tricks :)

8. Thanksh guysh :3 i dint think it was but what do the stipules do?

9. In botany, stipule (Latin stipula: straw, stalk[1]) is a term coined by Linnaeus[1] which refers to outgrowths borne on either side of the base of a leafstalk (the petiole). A pair of stipules is considered part of the anatomy of the leaf of a typical flowering plant, although in many species the stipules are inconspicuous or entirely absent (and the leaf is then termed exstipulate).
    Stipules are morphologically variable and might appear as glands, scales, hairs, spines, or laminar (leaf-like) structures. A relationship exists between the anatomy of the stem node and the presence or absence of stipules. Most plants with trilacunar nodes have stipules; species with unilacunar nodes lack stipules (Sinnott and Bailey, 1914, cited in Esau, 1953).

Wiki.

10. Well that answers ma question, thanks man

11. Nice. Didn't know that's what they were actually called. Either way though, not the sex of the plant lol.

12. Didn't think it would be at 15 days old haha, but jus checking

13. Plants will show preflowers round about 45 days of age from seed, THIS is the cue to flip to a 12/12 light cycle. Forcing the plant to flower causes stress and should be avoided.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app