Does Anyone Else Certain Parts Of Life Are Pre Determined?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by zaroode, Apr 22, 2014.

1. #1 zaroode, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    I don't know if this only applies to me. But as life goes on certain events happen ane fall into place so well, that it almost feels scripted to me. Anyone else feel this way sometimes?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You mean Destiny? Yes I believe in this.  And I only recently started believing in it.  A series of recent events involving me getting arrested made me believe in it.  I had a strange, strong feeling that what happened, was supposed to happen.  Whatever decisions I make in the future, I will make no matter what, unless I somehow see the future before hand.  Telling myself now to do something or not do something, will not stop me or change my path.  

3. It is. You unconsciously write the script. The universe unconsciously writes the script. Enlighten yourself further and become more conscious and involved with the existence of things and the shifting of existence.

4. I feel the same way. In recent events I too have had a run in with the police that led me to thinking about pre determined life

5. I feel the same way I had a run in with the police recently. And the events that happened the things said before the incident. Leads me to believe that life can be pre determined.

6. #6 DreamAwake, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Well everything is pre-determined no matter what.  What you're talking about sounds somewhat like God.  This is why so many people believe in God.  An omni-potent one at that, not just a creator.  But if you think about it, our lives are already determined.  I think the movie back to the future is a good example.  When he talks about the "space time continuum".  Life seems to go normally but if you f up the space time continuum everything gets way out of whack.  But since that doesn't happen, through all the years of evolution and life having to go normally to get to as "normal" as we are, life seems to just work out the way it does.  Everything happens for a reason thanks to so many years of normality being shaped to the way it is.  Which shapes our lives.  Well that's what I just thought of right now ha.  If that makes sense, Idk I have a hard time explaining what I mean.

7. much of life is predetermined. both in the sense of the individual, and in a wider scope. genetics has to be acknowledged in that it determines far more about an individual than their choices will have an opportunity to. choices i believe are also predetermined, to an extent. your philosophy and ideology will reveal itself as it shows without asking the path one takes in life. what isnt predetermined, in my opinion, is a moment where the individual sees their flaws and strengths as they exist, and to use that sight as they will. 

8. but their ability to see their flaws and strengths is pre-determined also.  so therefore everything is pre-determined.  i agree with the rest of your post though which is my philosophy on pre-destination.  which IMO should be why we should be more accepting of others.

9. Not pre-determined. It's called acting naturally in a situation that is happening

10. Yeah brah it's called destiny.

11. I dunno but i was stoned the other day and this happened. I was at a friends house and i was sitting down, he asked would i go open the gate on the side of his house. So i get up and start to put on my jacket and as i do, i knock over a bottle of coke.

I then started thinking that if another friend wasnt coming over on his motor mike then i wouldnt of got my jacket. Leading me to knock over the coke.
    At the time it tripped me out

12. No.

MelT

13. lol realy?

Something happened that made another thing happen man....

It's like if I hadn't needed to take a shit, water wouldn't have splashed all over my bunghole while I was sitting on the toilet.

14. Sort of.  I once had a dream and then what happened in the dream happened in real life

15. No.

I believe life is full of free will.

The freedom to choose your destiny rather than believing someone else has created your story seems a slight more optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone

16. Predestination. Our puritan forefathers struggled with this concept as well and out came Benjamin Franklin who you find on today's most effective bill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. We are beyond free will, or lack of free will. These two are products of ego.

and what does that mean?

I believe things we are predetermined to have the freewill to have no choice

19. What I meant is that theres no person who has free will, or doesnt have it. Its not relevant because you dont exist

Such as? lets work it out. life goes on....people get older machines break down.