Water Pump For Flushing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Timburr, Apr 22, 2014.

1. #1 Timburr, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    I am wondering what would be a good submersible pump for flushing my tent?

The way I flush now, I do it right in the tent, as the plants are usually a little big too move. I will use a wet/dry vac to remove water from the tent as I flush but it is not the most effective or easy system.

I'm thinking if I put a pump in the tent, I can go to town flushing and not have to stop in-between to remove water. My only concern is that I want a pump that will start pumping with a low level of water. It would have to kick on at 1" or less of water to really be effective.

Any recommendations or thoughts about doing it this way?

2. Doesnt sound like a great idea to me. What is lined in ur tent to hold the water in?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Just the canvas/reflective-material liner. It holds water surprisingly well. The water always collects and (for the most part) stays in the tent long enough to wet-vac out. I just need to find a pump that will kick on at a very low water level. I'm wondering if a sump pump may be a better option.

4. Oh rite on.... I was invisiong water just seeping out all the thread holes everywhere!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Im sure I'll catch hell but if you were to construct a good organic soil then you wouldnt need to flush... *lol*

j

6. Holy fucking shit people get some dumb ideas.... fill your soil with too much bullshit, wash it out onto the floor and pump it out.

@[member="jerry111165"] has it right, organic when growing in soil. I dont flush.

7. Not Sure, thank you for the suggestion. Looks like it'd work fine! I'm thinking if I make an angled cut on the hose, it may sit more flat and be even more efficient in drawing water.

And thank you organic growers for you input, how irrelevant it may be to this thread.

I am using Fox Farm nutrients (the entire line-up minus Boomerang and Flower Kiss), Advanced B-52, Botanicare Cal-Mag+, and blackstrap. Flushing is not an option when using these kinds of ferts, it is a necessity! In a perfect world, maybe I would be doing organics but for my purposes bottled nutrients are more practical.

And could I do this with just a wet/dry vac? ABSOLUTELY. But if I can save half the time by eliminating the job of physically vacuuming and transporting the runoff, why would I not want to? At 150 gallons average per tent per flush, it is a worthwhile investment imo.