Ignorant People

Discussion in 'General' started by emceecombs, Apr 22, 2014.

1. #1 emceecombs, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    So I ran across this article online when I was trying to find obscure nicknames for weed. It listed a bunch of nicknames and the article was clearly meant to teach parents how to approach their children about drug use, specifically marijuana. Here's the website:

http://casapalmera.com/nicknames-street-names-and-slang-for-marijuana/#comment-52172

In the comments a guy posted this:

"A Random Freshman
    Just saying, but it is possible to OD from any drug, esp. drug cocktails, pure forms of the drugs, and using drugs during a negative point in your life (Caused by stress, anxiety, etc.)
    “Marijuana is not addictive” FALSE. Marijuana is, in fact, more addictive than many other common drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco). Any drug can be abused and can be the cause of addiction. Marijuana contains more cancer-causing chemicals than tobacco and is more mind-altering than alcohol. It has traits of stimulants, depressants, and hallucinogens.
    Response to Lauren, Jackie, and Billy: There have been less Marijuana-related deaths than alcohol/tobacco related, but only because of the greater accessibility to said products."

\nI guess it is useless talking to idiots like this but I decided to anyways. My comments are still under moderation and I don't know if they will be approved, given the site and its goals, but I wanted to share this:
    \n"@A Random Freshman
    Quit lying dude. You cannot and I mean CANNOT OD on weed. It is literally impossible. Accordint to these sites:
    http://www.theweedblog.com/how-much-marijuana-does-it-take-for-someone-to-overdose/
    and http://www.ask.com/question/how-much-marijuana-does-it-take-to-overdose
    It would take 1500 POUNDS of marijuana to OD, and even then you would probably just die from choking to death. A lethal dose is supposed to be 20 to 40 THOUSAND times the regular dose in a marijuana joint.
    ‘“Marijuana is not addictive” FALSE. Marijuana is, in fact, more addictive than many other common drugs (Alcohol, Tobacco).'
    lololol. Wow. You really know NOTHING about marijuana do you? Maybe you should actually do some research and find out the facts for yourself before you spit useless drivel like you did in your comment. Marijuana is neither more addictive to alcohol nor tobacco. In fact according to Wikipedia (not always the greatest source, but in this case they are right), weed is less addictive than heroin, nicotine, morphine, cocaine, and alcohol. It is also much less deadly according to the same source:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Drug_danger_and_dependence.svg
    “Marijuana contains more cancer-causing chemicals than tobacco and is more mind-altering than alcohol.”
    Are you trying to wow us with your stupidity? Marijuana not only does not contain more cancer causing chemicals than tobacco, it actually cures cancer! That's why cancer patients use medicinal marijuana, along with other benefits such as curing nausea and pain. Here is my source on that one:
    http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/23/20-medical-studies-that-prove-cannabis-can-cure-cancer/
    “There have been less Marijuana-related deaths than alcohol/tobacco related, but only because of the greater accessibility to said products.”
    ….
    Um… I weep for humanity, if we all have the potential to be this dumb. As I've already said earlier, you CANNOT OD ON MARIJUANA!
    I'm just gonna stop."
    \nI posted it before reading through my comment and then had to comment again to add this:
    \n"@A Random Freshman
    Oh and I forgot something on one of my points.
    “Marijuana is… more mind-altering than alcohol.”
    You obviously know nothing about marijuana, and in the future you shouldn't speak about what you know nothing about. Weed is not more mind altering than alcohol. To say so is laughable at best. Have you ever even seen anyone high off weed? Have you seen anyone drunk? Alcohol impairs everything about you: you slur your words, can't walk straight, can't drive, make horrible judgements etc. Weed? You can still walk, you can usually still drive (thought you shouldn't), your judgement is impaired, though not nearly as much as alcohol. Some people even learn better and work better when they are high on weed. It affects everyone differently and some people can't even get high off it. Alcohol on the other hand affects everyone as far as I know… though I won't guarantee that."
    \nI want to amend one of the statements I made:
    \n"Marijuana not only does not contain more cancer causing chemicals than tobacco, it actually cures cancer!"
    I just want to say that though there is evidence for this, it hardly cures cancer by itself. The affect is very small, and the actual smoke can cause cancer, so it is best to vaporize or eat marijuana if you are a cancer patient, and you certainly shouldn't rely on weed alone to cure you.
    \nLast thing: "some people can't even get high off it." I don't know if people will fight me on this point, but in my experience it is true. I have a friend who can't get high off weed. He literally smoked an 8th in one session by himself and he still didn't get high.
    \nI don't know if A Random Freshman will ever see my comments, but it was still fun writing them.

2. Cool but weed doesn't cure cancer

3. Like I said the affect is very small when it comes to curing cancer. But it does help.

4. actually CBD oil has been proven to shrink tumours and make cancer go into remission. You don't smoke it for that treatment you make CBD oil and eat it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. If CBD oil could make a difference people would use it. It would be a universally known and practiced use of treatment. I love weed, these people on this interview are ignant as fuck. But don't respond to their ignorance with more. Are you a scientist? No. Am I? No. So none of that shit matters. You get cancer, eat all the wax edibles you want, you'll prolly still die.

6. #6 davida0829, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    eh I choose to believe that it can. Again neither of us are scientists like you said but I believe in the power of weed as well as the power of the government. (Lies the government comes up with) if I ever get cancer an I most likely will I smoke about 2 packs a fucking day I will not take chemo or any horrible drugs I will put all my faith in CBD and god. And people do use it A LOT Google It If you don't believe me

7. Google it lol That's just going to more people that may or may not know wtf they're talking about. And the numbers show that they don't. If CBD cured cancer it'd be universally fucking used.

8. Fuck, I thought I made it clear in my post that weed just helps with cancer, and that you shouldn't rely on it alone to cure you, because you will die. It's useless arguing about this!

9. Meth is widely used as prescription. Heroin too.
    Pharma making money, son.
    Scientific research is pretty much stagnant due to drug laws.
    Look at who lobbies for poliyicians the most. You'll find big corporation.
    Studies on the endocannabinoud system and the effects of cbd, cbn, thc and various other cannabinoids have been shoen to cause ceramide in certain types of cancer.
    There are many types of cancer.
    There are many variables, but saying cbd doesn't cure it and therefore isnt widely used is as ignorant as say weed cures cancer.
    Theres alit more to it than that

10. Yeah I was gonna say that lol My bad dude.

11. lol its all good dude

12. There is lots of scientific research to support the fact that cannabis helps break down bad cells while maintaining healthy cells.

The fact its not a universal treatment is money, cannabis cannot be patented so can not be owned and so can not be sold by government or a corporation as a medication for proffit.

If i could charge you £100 a month for treatment that would help you live a normal life or charge you £1000 as a one off payment to be fully cured, what would you say is more profitable.

I believe profit is number 1 priority for any corporation or government entity, even the health service.

13. hey bud I was talking about googling ACTUAL scientific studies BY ACTUAL SCIENTISTS

14. Studies have shown that CBD kills cancer cells in lab rats.
    Its not universally used because its illegal..  Obviously more studies need to be done on humans in legal states, but i believe in the power of this plant and would really like to see scientist look into this more

15. While this kinda shit pisses me off like any other blazer we can't change anyone.  There will always be those people.  Best to just light a J and say fuck em !

16. There is no point in debating nonsense...It gets neither party anywhere regardless of what either party may believe.

Sure, weed is probably harmful...No doubt I'm sure it does something bad cause anything this good can't be 100% positive.  But between weed and other issues that deserve far more priority, money, and focus; the attention is on weed.  In end, stop wasting time, money, and energy on trying to prove that something that has yet to cause a fatality is harmful.  It is disappointing.