Unpopular Opinions On Films.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by aclockworkoddity, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Almost all Westerns before A Fistful of Dollars suck. They were all white knight vs. Black knight rubbish. Sergio Leone revolutionized the genre and turned it into something dark and respectable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I enjoyed vanilla sky more than open your eyes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

3. Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me was actually a pretty good film. Most people generally tell me it was awful but yeah.

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe George Lucas got lucky on Star Wars and he's really more of a "Howard the Duck"-level filmmaker?

Recent unpopular opinions on films:

Godzilla (the 2014 one) was the worst movie I've seen in recent memory.
    The Grand Budapest Hotel sucked. It felt like I was watching a spoof of Wes Anderson as opposed to an actual Wes Anderson movie.
    The Lego Movie was abysmal as a piece of filmmaking.
    The Counselor (from 2013) was fantastic.

I promise I'm not a contrarian. I loved 22 Jump Street and hated A Million Ways to Die In The West just like everyone else!

• Like Like x 1
  5. #105 psychoperson25, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    I thought the Lego movie was a pretty great piece of film. Had a fantastic message behind it even though it was written to sell a toy. The quality of the animation was fantastic and it had some funny moments. I could understand not liking it but calling it abysmal filmmaking seems like a stretch

I was not impressed by Godzilla at all though, it had a lot of promise and didn't really deliver. Bryan Cranston should have been in it more, Aaron Johnson was kind of a bland protagonist in that movie and I thought he was great in Kick-ass.

Totally agree on the George Lucas thing. The problem with him making movies now is that everyone is afraid to shoot down his stupid ideas, just like at the original drafts of Star Wars: A New Hope, the ideas of the characters and whatnot.

6. #106 *guest, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Inglourious Basterds was only marginally more entertaining than watching Quentin Tarantino jerk himself off for an hour and a half

And I say that as someone who has loved most of his movies. I could just never get behind the hype on that one. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Damn you took the words right out of my mouth. My friends were boasting about how amazing those movies are, and I actually took the time to watch them one day, and I honestly was trying to stay awake the entire time, it just didn't draw my attention and it didn't do the books any justice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Shining is actually funny as hell

9. I'll admit that I don't like Goodfellas. I don't know what it is, I'm just not interested. I like other Scorsese movies but that one honestly bores me. And the whole criminal rise and fall genre whether it be mobster, drug dealer, or whatever is one of my favorite types of films. Just something doesn't click with me.

Also, I hate Steve Martin. The only thing I can stand him in is "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". His whole "Act like a dick while playing the banjo" thing he did in the 70's makes me want to punch a baby.

10. What about Kingpin?

11. I thought Fight Club was overrated.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh my god I was coming here to say the EXACT same thing!!! It was alright as far as story and characters but it just got tiresome after a while.

Sent using

13. #113 squidrick420, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    I generally dislike most movies. And the only genuinely good movie to come out in the past couple decades is The Devil's Rejects.

14. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is my favorite Star Wars movie.

Clockwork Orange can suck my dick.

15. I thought Fight Club was overrated.

16. The most fucked up movie i have ever seen is called Funny games. Its about this pair of sociopathic teenagers that talk thier way into getting inside a vacationing couples resort home. Once inside, they kill the dog, and torture the father, mother and 2 kids to death. When they are finished, they go to the resort next door and start the whole thing over again. Sickest piece of shit movie I have ever witnessed.

17. #117 I I11MATIC I, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings are awful pieces of shit.

There, I said it.

+ Star Wars is mediocre as fuuuck.

18. Watched V for Vendetta high and was bored. thought it was just awful.

19. the only thing I remember was slow moving walking trees and... well that's all that was memorable

20. Star Wars is garbage

new and old