Nirvana Northern Lights Fem. Cfl Grow Box

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by greenmanaleshi, Apr 22, 2014.

1. That last picture looks like one of the best Cannabis seedlings i've ever seen lol

2. I agree it is so lush!

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks! We are keeping our fingers crossed...

4. LOL... Lemon Head only gets rain water and comes in at night. Lol

5. Bitchen stealth setup bro, but Ive heard the 5k bulbs arnt near as effective as 6500k can anyone comment that has done both?

6. Iv grown some nirvana mystery seeds, all the males were beautiful, kind of heartbreaking to kill them. like 17 of them 4 feet tall.

The free females were all an old school sativa with airy smaller buds but cured out to have the best smell. No bag appeal at all, close your eyes and just roll it up. smell reminded me of the weed we got in the 70's and 80's Colombian gold,Panama red.

7. You are so right snoop! I feel like a jerk putting the male on my balcony, even if the view is nice Lol he is just lush and tall. He grew so fast! But I had to. I haven't had a female mystery seed yet but I love old school weed. I want to grow some so bad. I will take less bag appeal!

My males made kind of a weird scene in my neighborhood, we hauled big armloads over to my neighbors garage and they drank beer as we made bubble hash out of them. the whole neighborhood smelled like hash but its legal here. it just seems weird that its legal.

9. I've only used the 6500k and I think they're better than 5k, but I would say they ARE nearly as effective. Its all about mimicking the spectrum of the sun. And 5k reaches that spectrum, I believe.

10. #30 snoopdog6502, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    I can say that the 6,500k spectrum will grow short leafy plants and as the spectrums get lower I see less leaf and more stem and stretch.

That is why we veg with metal halides.

11. How do you know when the males are ready for bubble hash?

I use 5500k for seedling stage. My LED keeps things compact once they are in the tent. I couldn't find 6500k's for whatever reason. I like LED growing so far. Really had been eye opening on how well things grow.

12. Dude I love your set-up! very creative utilizing those materials . Have you ever FIM'd a plant before? Are you planning on making Scrog in your grow box? 

I took mine upstairs in a extra bedroom and let them flower out. The house reeked anyway and my woman made me chop them because there was no walking room to get to her other plants. :)

They had a very sticky hash like smell to them anyway so the hash was superb.

14. How do you like the LED's, we are building a grow tent right now for the girls to flower in and the LED market seems sooooo sketchy? We picked the tent yesterday and decided to go with a Secret Jardin. I thought I read you grow in a tent? Do you have any tips for us as we put together this tent?

Man flowering is the most important part, go with the biggest brightest HPS you can. I prefer 1,000w and get some dry buds that will not fit in a quart jar.

Its a shame to grow for months and get smaller buds. everyone knows HPS is king.

16. Thanks for the kind words, the box was not meant to be a stealth box it just came out that way... lol

As far as the lighting I only got the 5k bulbs because I couldn't find the 65k. Lol

17. Right on dude, we were also looking at the cool tubes for this tent. Im really trying not to have any heat issue's with this tent. Lol

Any and all suggestions welcome.

18. Thank you Mr. Weedseed, that box is fully adjustable. From the fans to the split light hood. Lol I can build a box I just need to learn to grow now. Lol

No I have never fim a plant before but that is the plan with the girls im growing now. We aslo are going to be doing some LST to the babys.

Im shutting down my indoor to 1,000 watts to keep some mother plants in veg hydro and upgrade my veg and flower rooms. going to use cool tubes that suck air from outside through the hood and back outside, add climate control and CO2. get the hydro on chillers and solution controller.

I dont use tents but use space blankets like curtains with airspace at the ceiling and the floor for free flow of air and never have heat issues. Also heat issues are far less in a basement with concrete floors and walls. Its great for a number of reasons. the windows are at ground level and let cool air right in.

My grow is on auto pilot in my soil and hydro. I look at them, add water or solution and then ignore them for a day.

20. I have the totally opposite thing going on, my grow area is in my loft. Im setting up the intake system so I can pull fresh air from outside through an attic vent with a 6 inch flanged adapter using a booster fan. As well im setting up the tent for passive intake so when it gets hot I can use the cool condo air.

Ya think that will work? I love your free air flow grow area idea.