Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying To Open A Dispensary/retail In Colorado

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nicktheedick, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hi all!!!!!! Very excited to be a new member to this forum  :hello:  :smoke:  First of all I would just like to say hello and nice to meet you! My name is Nick, and in the very near future I will be traveling to Colorado to open a dispensary and need some help and support from this community and I've been reading on here for years and I personally believe this is the best marijuana forum out there so I decided to join  :yay: about time haha. So now that I've introduced myself and told you a little about my intentions I will get straight to the point so as not to ramble lol which I tend to do! Basically I'm looking for contacts who will be able to stock my shelves in Colorado with medical grade cannabis all LEGALLY of course. It would be nice to meet a few commercial growers and hear their prices as initially we will have to buy our product in order to stock the shelves, however 8 months after opening we will be using our own medically grown goods  :ey: I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place so please don't flame me too bad cause i'll get a little butt hurt ;p Anyhow, I'm also potentially looking for growers to work in my facility and help me create the best of the best for the wonderful people of Colorado! I would like to get a place in the Denver area very soon and am going to be applying for all of my permits including filing for my intent to be a Commercial Grower for retail sales as well. I am looking to hire many positions in the company so please feel free to e-mail me resumes and let me know what sort of skills and previous experience you could bring to the table. I am so excited to experience this dream of an adventure and can't wait to move out of the horrible weather state I currently live in. So now I'll fire up some of the big lingering questions I have to you all and maybe you can help me out with a few things I don't quite yet know. Roughly how much would it cost in electric bills to run approximately 10,000-25,000 watts in a small commercial facility in the Denver area? I have attempted to look up the pricing in kwh and it says on the Excel energy site that the kwh charge is $.00473 classified under a secondary commercial classification. Does anyone know if that is the correct one for a operation using that approximate amount of energy for 18 hours a day? Because by my calculations for 30 days at 10,000 watts 18 hours a day it would come to $25.542 for a month of electricity. I'm sorry but that just seems way to low because I am currently paying more than $100 a month for residential electricity and I know I use a hell of a lot less power lol. I am also curious what you think some of the hottest selling strains would be and currently am thinking of stalking Acid, Bubble Gum, Blue Cheese (personal opinion here but the best strain :smoking: ) Bruce Banner #3, Alien OG, Blue Dream, Texas hash plant, White berry, amnesia, and a few others! So please I would love suggestions for your favorite to stalk on the shelves. After all, it is about the customers so being I will barely be consuming I would LOVE opinions  :D I'm hoping to provide the absolute cheapest pricing and to keep all of my prices the absolute best in town (not going to be easy) but that's what brings the business and support and I'm not investing my life in this to fail! I currently have one experienced grower I'm planning on bringing with me that said that a safe number for productivity is 1 gram per watt used and I have also read that as well before, does anyone else think that this is a safe realistic number? Also, if you were me how would you structure the growing? would you use mostly clones, how long would you veg them to maximize efficiency? Just curious :) I'm by no means asking anyone to do all the work for me here, but I'm very new to this whole concept and just happen to have the funds to back this dream I've always wanted to be a part of! I guess you can say I am very blessed and I give great thanks to the man above for all I've been given. If you have any previous experiences with the government of Colorado, I'm curious what the permitting situation looks like right now? Dispensary licenses seem easy enough to get but what about these retail permits? Seems like they would have millions of applications already, is it even possible to get one? We're opening the dispensary portion in hopes of being higher up on the list of approval for the retailer permit and because I myself struggle with Crohn's disease and know what it's like to suffer and have doctors not listen to you about you pain issues. Let's be honest, who wouldn't rather smoke an herb to fix their pain than sit and take these pain killers that are nearly impossible to get from doctors because there are too many people out there abusing them!? That's my way of thinking at least so I can completely see how marijuana is compassionate as it gives you the ability to go and get your pain relief whenever you need it without constantly having to see doctors to get things to help you and no need to worry about rejection either. It seems like a win win to me and I cannot wait to be a part of something I believe so strongly is a positive for society. So this is my passion, my new life and I wouldn't have it any other way. There I go again rambling a bit lol but I get really heated about that particular stuff because I don't believe in big pharmacy and their ethics and tactics but I'll spare you my opinions haha. I'm sure I am missing a few things I would like to know about but I can always ask more questions later down the road as needed, and can't wait to hear from you all and get your take and advice! Thanks so much for reading  :D  

2. I respect your ideas & opinions but:

[​IMG]

3. #3 Sgtstadanko707, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Well it's obvious you have no idea how it works there. All of which you would have learned by now with your years of reading this site.
    The force is bright in this one. Let me guess 18-23

4. This is pure GOLD good Sir!  I'm dieing over here!

5. My head hurts... :(

6. You need to edit this OP.

It's unbearable to look at, or read.

xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yeah I think your a little lost anyone can talk the talk but if you don't rely on you and just what you hear or see you will surely be mislead plus you don't just go and open a dispensary you need to get approved for the proper liscensing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Man, sorry if this comes across as being a dick, but it sounds like you have no idea how it actually works. I'll admit I didn't read all of that shit, but it didn't seem like I needed to

I suggest doing some real research, by reading old threads, or, even better, reading as many documents you can that talk about the actual laws, restrictions, ammendments, and codes put in place by the government, if you want to be as successful as possible

And you should probably try to understand growing and the complexities of it and its market, as well as you possibly can, because it doesn't seem like that knowledge is currently there

Maybe read a couple of economics books too

9. You will need to complete the "Registry Application" form with all of your current accurate information. Be sure to completely fill out the application with truthful info. You will receive a notice either approving or denying your Medical Marijuana application.