Motamikes First Organic Grow From Seed

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by MotaMike, Apr 22, 2014.

1. #1 MotaMike, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    So I am doing my first ever grow from seed and planted them all on Friday April 18th.
    Two germinated on 4-20 and the rest were breaking the soil today when I got home from work.
    The six I am growing are all from Attitude in the UK:

DNA Genetics Seeds Holy Grail Kush Feminized
    Medical Seeds Sour Diesel Feminized 
    Humboldt Seed Organization Blue Dream Feminized 
    Sensi Seeds Big Bud Feminized 

These two were free with the order:

Dinafem Seeds California Hash Plant FEMINIZED
    Dinafem Seeds Critical + AUTOMATIC

The six cells in a row are the Cannabis, the other cells with soil are peppers I am waiting to germinate.
    The little plastic cups I use to soak seeds in the night before planting and I leave them in the cells next to the plants to identify them. B)

Attached Files:

2. Nice selection you got there!
    Definitely gonna love the blue dream.

Good luck

3. Hey Mike!  Glad to see you got a journal going man, good luck!

4. #4 MotaMike, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Thanks Xanderjd, I haven't grown Blue Dream yet but my brother did one year and it was a nice plant.
    He was using nasty ass Miracle-Blo too. :laughing:
    I must be a Sativa kind of guy because Sour Diesel is about my favorite. I love the energetic high it gives me.

Gandalf thank you my friend. I hope I have some great plants as it's been an incredible several months learning on here and putting the soil together from ITG's thread. I'm excited for sure. :smoke:

5. I hear you on the diesel. It's a prerequisite before a shopping trip with the wife.

6. I am about a week or two from chopping my BD. I will let you know what to expect. Good luck Mike!

7. The young girls. :)

Attached Files:

8. #8 Ganja Guru, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    NICE. The best of luck to you my friend. I'm sub'd and around if you need me.

9. Thank You Guru. I appreciate it my friend.

10. The girls are a week old today.

Attached Files:

11. Thanks TMFJ

12. #13 MotaMike, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    Well I moved my little biscuit fan closer to the plants at 24" away and it has strengthened the stems. Just took this picture. They will be 3 weeks old on Sun/Mon.

Attached Files:

13. So you starting them indoors and then putting them into the earth outside? 

14. Guru, I started them indoors and I am putting them into those 17 gallon tubs with the rope handles I told you about before. They have organic soil in them and have been cycling since March 23rd when I mixed the soil.
    My soil is homemade compost, EWC, peat moss, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, Espoma Tomato Tone, Neem cake, crab meal, Gaia green glacial rock dust and 5/16" red lava rock.

15. I just potted them up into 1-gallon containers and the same soil they will be in for the rest of their life.
    The roots looked nice and white and I watered them with some rainwater mixed with some Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt when I transplanted them. 20140511_103800.jpg

16. Nice dude, pulling up a chair.

17. Thanks Sticky b. Getting stoked. :)

18. Someone in the Organic Lounge told me they look leggy and I should have planted them deeper. Do you agree? Should I try and remove them carefully and plant deeper?

19. No just put a fan on them. Make em strong by blowing them around.