I Want To Buy, But Dunno What..

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Krang25, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Whatever ashcatcher you get, make sure it has as little drag as possible.
    The dg needs good air flow to perform well, so you want to try to not take away from that.
    Try to pick one that sits low too

2. So just to keep you all updated... I have changed my mind yet again... hehe

I finally decided to go with an Apix piece after watching the apix appreciation thread and what people have been saying about his pieces.

I asked him to make me some stuff and he accepted, which I am incredibly thankful for since he doesn't do requests anymore.

This is what I asked him to make for me :

- 18'' King Stemline to King disk, 18 mm Joint and the smaller mouth piece 65 to 32mm. Horn bowl handle.
    - Gridded carbon filter with 18mm male and 18 mm female slide joints.
    - 90 Degrees Showerhead Ashcatcher with 18mm joints.
    The Apix Design logo on both the piece and the ash catcher.

Can't wait to get it :D

3. dope!
    you better show us some pics when you get it!

4. Will do!

I went over budget though... but heh whatever I'll have a sick rig.. plus there are very few apix ash catchers and carbon filters out there...

:D

5. you wont regret it man.
    your in for a real treat.

6. #26 shaggish, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014

Great choice!  My apix is one of my favorite "daily driver" tubes i've ever used and his disc diffused carbon filters work great. 

IMO stay away from chinese style honeycomb percs, drag city...

if i start smoking again i'm going to get another Apix tube for sure

7. Ive only heard good things about apix, i can tell you're gonna like that piece

8. Really looking forward to seeing that custom work, it should be great.

9. The first link didn't show for me.
    The second link worked.
    For 190 bucks, your going to have a hard time beating that price with comparable glass imo.
    I think its a good piece, especially for someone starting to build their collection. Its an excellent starting point.
    Its simple, durable and effective, it won't cost you a left testicle, and it will mate with an A/C quite well if you want to use one.
    I wish it was 18mm personally, but I still think you won't regret it.

the first link is sold now, i dont see it on the webpage anymore

11. Yeah I had a feelin

12. That one guy who kept making threads probably bought it.

doubt it, he was dead set on overpaying for a blackleaf

14. Haha yeah, I don't know what was up with that guy...

15. I don't understand why people ask for suggestions, and then argue over your suggestion. That guy was dead set on that black leaf like it was water in the desert

16. #38 Krang25, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    So to keep you guys updated here are some pics I received from Dan himself... my rig is almost done :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All he has to do now is the carbon filter and the bowl, then add his logo on the AC and the piece.
    He said it should be shipped tomorow... can't wait!!

17. Fuckin sweet!
    That's gotta give you a good feeling lookin at those

You have no idea... I'm like a kid at Christmas. Can't wait to ''innaugurate'' this bad boy :D