First Grow Only 3 Weeks Vegged

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 22, 2014.

1. #1 UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    This is my first grow ever! Give you a quick synapses of what im working with.

These babies will be beautiful!  :metal:

4ftx2ftx6.5ft Grow tent
    Yeildmaster 2 6 in 
    6in duct booster fan (240 cfm) I bought this fan for 28$ on amazon!!! and it works just as well as the inline fan I returned! 
    600 Watt MH
    600 Watt HPS
    Xtrasun dial watt ballast
    Medi-one Nutrients from green planet
    Pro-Mix as the soil medium 
    I have 6 clones.

1 blue cheese
    1 kindu kush
    2 LSD
    2 Pineapple haze

All of which are in 4 gallon pots. At 18/6 Light/Dark starting today.
    I've had the blue cheese for about 3 days longer than the other 5.(The first close up plant pic is the blue cheese)

I plan to veg them for another week or 2, then I was going to start flowering.

I wont be able to run it when it's the hottest out in the summer so I can only veg for a short time. Besides this is my first grow I dont want anything but experience from it. :smoking:  

Any advice would be very helpful! 

Attached Files:

2. Plants are in shock, hopefully i'll see some growth tomorrow to take pictures of!

3. Good luck man! I'm defiantly gonna pay attention to this!! I'm trying to do the same but my hps light broke so imma say fuck it and flower with a MH and some 2700k CFLs hahah

Grasscity Forum

4. Thanks @[member="stoned_raider"]! 

Upon checking them today I noticed my blue cheese has some what of spider mites on it. I found yellowish circles and small white balls on the underside of the plant leafs that were discolored! This is spider mites correct? I've sprayed the plants with neem oil and water, but im not sure how much I should spray? I only give the plants a couple of squirts (it's a mist spraying bottle) :confused: .

Now to the other 5. The hindu doesn't look like it has grown, hopefully we'll see some improvement with this next light cycle. The two pineapple haze are showing improvement!! Looks like they like what they're getting. The two lsd clones are almost comfortable, the bigger one is showing improvement slightly, the smaller one is showing a very small growth of another node site. I wish my camera was better so you all could see what im talking about, or maybe is it because im taking the pictures under the MH light?  

Pictures
    1-bluecheese
    2-lsd
    3-Pineapple haze
    4-Pineapple haze
    5-hindu
    6-lsd

last 3 pictures are of the bluecheese and it's discolored leafs. 

Attached Files:

5. #5 UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Here is an update. The blue cheese Is growing pretty quickly. The others ones not so well. Im still trying to get rid of these mites on the blue cheese. 

Is it normal to not see any growth in clones 3 days after transplant?

Attached Files:

6. #6 UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    I've been spraying neem oil on the blue cheese and I think they are starting to go away, idk why they are just on that one plant. The pineapple hazes are showing great improvement! the hindu is getting there, but the lsd plants are horrible. It's like they aren't even growing! The center (idk what to call it) Is like lime green!!! I think its the ph level of the medium but im not sure??????   

Attached Files:

7. #7 UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    I just watered them all and gave them fresh nutrients. Half of the recommended dose. (I used 1.5ml/1L of Medi-One) The Blue Cheese is a freakin animal! Growing new branches all over the place! I'm so excited to see the final harvest of the blue cheese. I the 2 pineapple haze's are coming along very nice, one doing way better than the other though. The hindu and the lsd are a lossed cause in my boook. I'm just gonna LITFA and see if they show some improvement after this watering. The hindu's leaves are burnt they look like. The lsd's are just lime green in color and show very little signs of improvement! 

Attached Files:

8. After 4 days, they have grown a lot. The blue cheesee has like 12 branches growing! The pineapples are growing out of this world! The lsd and hindu have finally came around to sprouting up towards the light! 

Attached Files:

9. I topped the bigger pineapple and I'm lst'ing(pretty sure thats what it is called) the blue cheese . Why not try these methods out on my first grow ya know.  :confused_2:

They are all 12 days old except the blue cheese, the blue cheese is 15 days old. (Days old=time they have been in my garden) I bought them from a local wellness collective after they were already rooted. 

Attached Files:

10. The topping and lst should help out. 

11. So they are 16 days old, except the blue cheese that one is 19 days old. The topping went well on the pineapple I am very happy so i did it to the other one to keep the height down. The Hindu is growing perfectly after the shock. The two lsd's are the slowest. I tied them down to do a little LST'ing It's working out with all of them pretty well. 

Attached Files:

12. I have only done the FIM method so far. I Might try a scrog at some point down the road.

If you only have limited room in your tent be careful of how big they get. running out of room is not fun. 

Doing more than one method of training in the same tent could make for a uneven canopy, I have found that having the canopy even will work out best in the end. They look like there taking off and growing good. 

13. I dont really know if I topped or FIM'd it. lol I rearrange them so they could get more light, I love looking at the pictures and seeing how fast they have grown.  

Anyone else flower after 3 weeks of veg?!?!

Attached Files:

14. I forgot you where going to flower soon because of heat in the summer. 

Are you at 3 weeks of veg yet?

You can take a hour off your timer everyday for the next 6 days till you get to your 12/12 . I run a 18/6 and take a hour or two off, till I reach my 12/12. I have read that is can help with stress and stretch. Not sure if that's true, but it has never hurt anything. 

They are clones so you can flower them when you want to. You just won't get as much if you would have waited a few more weeks. Not to big of deal, I think you would run out of room if you did a 5-6 week veg with your setup. 

15. Almost to 3 weeks in about 4 days it will be. Possibly going to be flowering them prior to 3 weeks. 

16. Did you start flowering yet?

17. Yes, I switched them over on the 11th when they were 3 weeks old. They are growing up sooo fast. 

Attached Files:

18. 1 week after flower? is it just me or do they look lime green? 

Attached Files:

19. Can't really tell. It's best to take pic's when your lights are off, even more so when there might be a issue.