Do You Use A Zippo?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by hammerhead777, Apr 22, 2014.

1. The fluid inside a zippo tastes like shit and if I tilt it to take a hit it always goes out.

2. I bought a Zippo once, when I was like a sophomore in high school and I didn't even smoke

It ran out of fuel, I tried to refill it with some kind of Ronson lighter fluid that had probably been in my grandparents' basement since 1949 and it did nothing. I didn't smoke, so I said, "F it," and I still have it just as a little decoration on one of my bookshelves.

Bics have just always been the obvious choice, they're everywhere. Had a ton of fun sometimes in college when you'd leave a session and everyone wound up with someone else's lighter. One guy was notorious for accidentally pocketing your lighter when he got his hands on it, haha. The things you remember.

3. I used them for lighting cigarettes when I smoked them, but after I quit I never bothered with zippos or lighters that needed fluid because I used both pipes and joints and bics or similar ones worked better. 

4. Zippo with hempwick

5. just one of those cheap lighters, or a bic. I don't want to torch it :p

6. Its all about shitty lighters and dank hemp wick. Fuck anything else besides glass rods.

7. Doesn't matter the brand, that shit is guna taste nasty and like straight butane. Used a Zippo for years for cigs (when I couldn't find a bic or my torch). Would occasionally use it for bowls and it tastes like straight butane, nasty ass shit. But if you prefer it, go ahead. I know no stoner that uses their Zippo for pot

8. Know what you mean, my roommate's and I would carve a quick design into out bics to tell em apart. My room was the smoking room so I had multiple lighters on the table at all times. Put them all in handmade lighter sleeves, so ppl wouldn't pocket them. Worked great cuz if someone did pocket it, they'd recognize it as mine later on. When we would smoke we'd make sure everyone had their own lighter so one didn't need to be passed haha.

9. #29 Blaze'n'Bass, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Closest a zippo has come to my bowl is using it to light hemp wick.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I don't like a Zippo much.. the taste makes me feel sick

11. zippos dont use butane

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I use bics cuz theyre cheap and im poor

13. I got Bic'd last week so it was between the zippo or matches. ...I chose the matches.

14. Oh shit, I'm high, your right, I was referring to that lighter fluid it uses

15. pretty sure its naptha right

16. I use Zippos for lighting joints (sometimes) and cigarettes, but NEVER EVER EVER for lighting a pipe or bong. The taste it just way to prevalent.

17. Check out zippo pipe lighters that's what i use and it never taste bad and can't taste a thing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #38 Ubique, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Carry a Bic lighter, use Beeline Hemp wicks (or similar) to puff. The eco-friendly element has permeated our little counter-culture to the point where you can even find purpose-built USB or other electrical heat sources.

(edit: and if you don't know by now not to smoke with a Zippo simply because of the fluid they use, just ask a hippie)

19. Only to light a torch, a cig, a fire or a maybe a joint.  Never anything I have to inhale

20. Well I use a Zippo lighter, however mine is a BLU2 gas lighter version.

The flame is incredible, really hot and strong.

No smell from any fluid and easy to maintain.

Never fails when I'm outside, regardsless of wind, rain or whatever...