Do You Use A Zippo?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by hammerhead777, Apr 22, 2014.

1. What kind of lighter do you use to smoke? I've been collecting Zippos since I was a kid so I have been using zippos to smoke since I got into weed. Why do most people use Bic lighters? If I'm gonna spend $100 buying a pipe, imma compliment that slut with a nice lighter :D

2. People use Bics because the butane in them tastes less offensive than the lighter fluid from a Zippo. A Zippo is okay if you're lighting a joint but nothing else. I've smoked one bowl with a Zippo and will never do it again. 

3. Only for ciggs, joints and blunts.  Never for pipes or bongs, don't want to inhale that shit.

4. Ehh, there are different types of lighter fluid, though. I use Zippo brand fluid and it doesn't affect the taste at all. I also have a nice Firebird butane lighter, which is what I mostly use when smoking my bong. I don't know, I just don't like the cheap feel of Bics :D

5. I used to be fascinated with zippos as a kid. They really are kick ass lighters and the design has withstood the test of time.
    I would assume most people use bics because they are widely available, cheap and you don't have to refill them. It just makes it more convienant I guess. And they are reliable lighters.
    The wick on the zippo might turn off a lot of people too, I guess its one more thing to deal with and one more thing to inhale when using.
    I use all sorts of lighters, the one I use most is the one that's within arms reach to light my hempwick

6. I've read about using hempwick and I wanna try it. Does it improve the taste at all? Or it's just simply to avoid inhaling butane or lighter fluid?

7. Imo, I wouldn't call the feel of bics cheap. Now those see thru cheap plastic lighters, those are whack. But I've opened countless beers with a bic lighter so in that aspect I can attest to its strength :)

8. That is true. The other day I bought a little Bic lighter and it is made of aluminium and it looks like chrome. I kinda dig it.

9. Yes, I believe it does.
    But both of those questions may be connected. Maybe the taste is tainted by butane/lighter fluid, and by using another way to cause combustion, like hempwick/herb irons/solar hits, you rather preserve the taste that is already there as opposed to "improving the taste".
    Idk if that made sense I'm high af.

10. Word? That's cool I'm gonna keep my eye out for that.

11. :D

12. If I bought another Zippo it would be a Blu. I haven't used a Zippo in quite some time thought....

13. I use a DJEEP and a BIC both do the job and I like the DJEEP because you get to adjust the flame for windy days unlike the BICS

14. And the djeeps come with like a liter of lighter fluid so that's a plus

15. I use my marley zippo on joints and blunts but never a bowl. Once you refill a zippo amd go to light a bowl and the whole thing gets covered in fluid since you were holding it upside down you learn quick. Lighter fluid tastes like shit too.

16. I use hemp wick :) 

17. hemp wick makes any hit taste a lot better, and it's more healthy since you're not inhaling butane.
    But recently I've been vaping with my volcano digit, no need for lighters anymore.

18. LOL! I know right I just got one not so long ago and I like it they come in handy

19. No, I have one but they aren't great for bowls. I just stick to a bic lighter

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I use a zippo for joints and to light a hemp wick. I would get a zippo blu if you want to use it for bowls/bongs. Zippo class, butane taste.