More Troubling News From Colorado

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by kyle121, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Make oil then. Instead of 4 sticks of butter you use 1 Bottle of oil. You live in. Legal state why would you not grow your own

2. #22 flickyourbic, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014

Yeah I've gone as far as eating 300mg worth of incredibles. I've had cheebas, everything from sweet grass and multiple other edibles in the area. All worthless to me. I have a fast metabolism so maybe that's it but who knows.

I also probably smoke/dab way more than you. I can see edibles being a little bit more effective if you have a low tolerance. I had the same problem with a tincture didn't feel a damn thing. Wax and flower all day. 

3. I understand the value of edibles, but don't think that eating weed cooked with a stick of butter is a very healthy idea. 

4. Fully agree it should be the same as any other rx don't know why people don't look at it the same.. It's a medication. And if your on the rec side of life that's fine. Treat your herb like you would you alcohol. You wouldn't want your child to drink that bottle of whiskey right? Why can't we just treat our herb the same? Why does there have to be all this stigma with it? Oh yeah our country has been shadowed in ignorance for over 100yrs. My bad I forgot

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Coconut oil ftw, the body loves and readily uses mct oil vs short chain like butter.

6. Baseless fear mongering.

There is no less risk of a child opening a beer can as if it were soda, taking aspirin from the bottle or eating a whole tube of tooth paste.

If these cronies cared about child safety, they would be forcing other, more legitimate safety issues. But they aren't... Because they're objective is to misinform people.

Btw interesting fact is that senior citizens and those over fifty plus have been the biggest consumers of edibles. May have something to do with the convenience, not keeping raw herbs on hand, etc.

7. Lol at the post who said why wouldn't you grow your own. You truly do not understand the meaning of medical disability. Where am I going to have money and time to grow my own plans? The point of dispensaries is so I don't have to. Sure maybe eventually once I get a bigger place. I see the Bhang bars at my shop too, too bad their all chocolate.

8. Medical disability isn't the only reason.  I have medical disability, but it's the fact that I have kids, and my house is a rental, and I don't have enough space, and I don't have the knowledge or inclination.  No one tells me to set up a lab in my storage room and make my own advil, though. [​IMG]

9. It's best to make your own BECAUSE it will turn out 50x better than the absolute mass-produced garbage that dispensaries sell. 

Honestly if you want the best edibles for the buck, find a caregiver that specializes in baking. Wasting your time with dispensary edibles. 

10. You're making blanket statements that are simply not true for everyone, though.  I get great medicine, including good edibles, from my dispensaries.  And finding someone to grow and bake just for me is totally impractical for my circumstances.  Maybe it's a regional thing, but here in Seattle, if you go to the right places, you can find quality in both flower and edibles.  And I can find organic flower, and organic edibles.

11. [quote name="Knitting Mama" post="19899188" timestamp="1398286670"]You're making blanket statements that are simply not true for everyone, though.  I get great medicine, including good edibles, from my dispensaries.  And finding someone to grow and bake just for me is totally impractical for my circumstances.  Maybe it's a regional thing, but here in Seattle, if you go to the right places, you can find quality in both flower and edibles.  And I can find organic flower, and organic edibles.[/quote

He is referring co rec edibles. There have been lots of reports of them selling bunk ones

12. They shouldn't make alcoholic beverages that look and taste and are marketed like Kool Aid either, but....

13. Cripes, worse than I thought. Great way to drive people to the black market, of course.

14. Ah, okay.  That makes more sense.  I've only had one edible that I doubted it had as much as it said.  But it was as good a cookie as I'd get at a fancy schmancy bakery for the same price, so I didn't really mind! :laughing:

15. I make a mean snicker doddle. Put you in a coma.

I want a snicker doodle. I suck at edibles though. I've bought black market (actual legit edibles though), and made a few varieties of my own, I never feel anything really more than maybe a little tingling feeling in my body. I get jealous seeing other people get amazing effects from edibles and I am sitting there waiting for it to kick in. I've tried a handful of methods too, and I grow my own so I have plenty of supply to try to make it work, I just suck at eating edibles. The same stuff that works on someone sitting next to me I won't feel at all. :confused_2:

17. 4oz of nug 4 sticks of butter. Let cook on low for 12 hrs. Then use 8th of hash oil in chocolate frosting and warm. If you don't feel it from one of those cookies you might be broken

18. Wow they want to restrict edibles for the children huh? They also want to highly restrict and regulate e-cigarettes with flavors becuase it appeals to children and we need to think of them more. Lets ban kitchen cleaning products also, they come in these brightly colored conatiners amd children might think it is candy becuase the bright colors are marketing to children secretly, right?

19. This is a bunch of fear mongering bullshit to slow down and derail the legalization movement, the recreational movement. Yep, like i said, its gonna take 20 more years for recreational legalization to happen. Based on how slow this is happening id say thats a good estimate.

I'm referring to the medical edibles as well since a majority of the dispensaries just supply the above forementioned brands like cheeba, sweet grass, incredibles, etc. There are still medical dispensaries that will take the time and make their own bomb edibles but the mass produced shit is garbage and it's the exact same thing medical/recreational. 

These people are killing spouses and jumping off buildings from eating these "edibles" yet I can't even catch a goddamn buzz.