Help Worried About My Plants (Leaves Starting To Mark And Die, Leaves Curling Etc)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by devontodetroit, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Hello all,

I'm started to get worried about my Lowryders.. I've just put them onto flower and they have started looking bad.

The leaves are growing curling downwards and are hard to the touch, The bottom leaves are gaining brown marks and I assume they will die.

I've just started to bloom them and have only just flipped them to 18/6 cycle.

Temp is good, between 18-28c and humidity is also good, 30-50%

I can't see any insects at the moment? But they are in a grow tent inside my shed, So they are outside..

I've been very careful not to over feed either the maxicrop veg nutes or Terra flores bloom (half feeds)

I've been watering once a day or somtimes once every two days with plan water and feeding once a week (Whenever the soil feels dry)

Hopefully I've managed to attach the pics ok and you guys can help guide me with this because If I lose these plants that will be the second grow in a row I've had bad luck.

Thanks for any help!

DTD

View attachment 5898

Attached Files:

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

3. Ok here goes:

What type of medium; soil or hydro? 
    [SIZE=12.727272033691406px]Soil[/SIZE]
    What brand and type of soil?
    [SIZE=12.727272033691406px]Canna Terra Pro (No Nutes)[/SIZE]
    Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors (In a tent in my shed in the garden)
    What strain?
    Lowryder x ak47 & Diesel ryder
    How old are the plants?
    30 days from sprouting, Been under lights for 21 days in the tent
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    600w HPS with Sunmaster full spectrum bulb
    How far from the lights?
    Not too close
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    Tap water most days (When soil feels dry to the touch) I Make sure the water isn't freezing cold
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    They've had two half feedings of Maxicrop seaweed veg nutes, Then since they were flipped to 18/6 (3 days ago) I've given them once feeding of Canna Flores (20ml in 10litres of water)
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    18-30c - 30-50% humidity
    What size pots?
    11 litre?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Nothing yet, But it is in the shed in a tent so there is a few spiders etc in there but I can't see any infestation

4. If they're on 18/6 they're not in bloom, still vegging. A plant will continue to veg in 12/12 if it's still immature. Only a mature plant will flower. (Alternating nodes) I didn't feed mine during veg either, but my soil had nutes in it already. (I did add small amounts of used coffee grounds and powdered eggshells tho) maybe you fed them too early.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. When you DO start to feed, start at 1/4 strength and work your way up. Curling leaf tips are a sign of N toxicity.

Attached Files:

6. Someone said that it looks like over watering, I'm fairly sure it can't be over fertilisation as I've been so careful and literally used half and quarter the recommended measures.

And yeah, as they are automatic I understand that they are not yet in flower (Almost though)

http://www.growweedeasy.com/overwatering-cannabis

I've just been linked to this and the pictures look scarily similar to mine, To be honest I hope that I have been overwatering as that Is fairly easy to rectify and I might not have done too much damage.

What do you guys think?

(PS, I've only ever done hydro before so this soil nightmare is all new to me.. I find it much harder!!)

7. #7 kidcanna757, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    It does look like overwatering. Overwatering symptoms usually presents itself with drooping leaves that looks full. Where as underwatering leaves droop but are shriveled and dehydrated and based on the fact that you are watering every two days it is probably due to overwatering. I would use the lift method when checking for water. I water mine every three days and they are mid flowering. I would suggest every four days but the only true way to tell is to check the first inch or two of top soil for moisture. Be careful to not disturb you roots. Also check ph and cut back some on the nutes a tad. They look green too green IMO. But i am not professional.

8. what do you mean flipped into 18/6, what was the light schedule before that?

9. need runoff ph.

10. 24hour for veg

Yeah, This is what I am leaning to.. I'm going to back right off.

Thinking about it i've been absolutley drenching them each time sometimes once every day.

I find hydro harder than soil and soil seems a bit more forgiving. You also do not need to water as much in soil. I agree with TheAnswer check your runoff ph. It doesnt look like a deficiency Im thinking more of toxicity.

Drenching them in soil is fine as long as you have proper drainage. But you dont want to drench them every day. Because oxgen needs to be exchange in the root zone. This occurs in hydro after the pump shuts off and the nutrient solution drains. Well thats if your using ebb & flow or some other water table method. I agree back off on the water and let your plants dry some but remember to dry and you have drooping to wet and you have drooping, rot root, ect so you need to find a happy median. Also, lift your pots by hand and feel the weight then lift in three days or so once it starts to dry some you will feel the change and then you will be able to judge just by lifting the pots that your plants need water. Hope this helps!

18-24 hours of light per day is still veg..

flower is 12/12..

I apologize if I misunderstood but it sounds like are viewing 18/6 as flower cycle

15. Autos will flower on 24/0. Hence the automatic name. (Ruderalis gene). Contrary to popular belief, cannabis doesn't really NEED a dark period until flower, but this doesn't apply to autos.

I'm doing automatic strains mate so its all good ;)

17. I would check PH but I dont have a PH meter at the moment, I will see if I can get one..

Toxicity from what though? The tap water I'm using or what>?

18. If I have overwatered someone said there is somthing called liquid oxygen I can buy and treat them with?!?! Can someone confirm that and maybe link me to the product please?

19. if its just over watering just start give them time dry and breath before watering again, they will recover

20. Like SlightlyStoned said you dont need anything special just back off from watering them so much and you should be good. The nitrogen toxicity is caused from to much fertilizer that's all. Like everyone suggested start at 1/4 recommended dose and work your way up. I water mine with nutrient solution ph 6.8 then water 6.8 back and forth. But every strain is different and I know what mine likes.