Ever Liked Someone So Much, But You Dont Think Youd Ever Be With This Person Because They Sort Of Have A Life With Someone Else?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by HaoleToke719, Apr 21, 2014.

1. #1 HaoleToke719, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    I am in this awkward situation right now. I just want to see if anyone can relate. I have liked this girl I've been working with for almost 3 years now. The only obstacle I see is that she is still with the father of her child who she has been with for 3 years, but she is always having issues with him, I guess. She'll have little breakups here and there with him and complain that he's worthless and whatever. I can tell she's about to hit the breaking point with him, or at least some part of me hopes that something like that happens. I know it sounds crazy, but I like everything about this girl, despite the fact that she's got a 1 year old child with this so-called worthless guy and I just want to swoop in a save her lmao, but I don't even know if she likes me all that much. I mean, she makes little hints here and there and calls me babe, honeybun, etc. and I don't know whether to take these as hints that she kind of likes me or what? Should I just forget about it? Should I let her know how I feel? If I do let her know, should I let her know when she is with her man or wait until she's having issues with him again? What would you do?

2. I feel you in seeing a girl you want but dont know if you can't pull it off. Only problem I see for you is this, she has a kid. Weather the guys a douche or not I think it would be better for the kid to have both parents together. But if he's a beater or wont work or anything then yeah I think she should kick him. I say go for it dude, wait till they get in some fight and have a mini break up, thats your chance. Good luck man

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

3. Just stay friends with her and flirt with her now and then to show her your interest.  Not much else to do but play the waiting game.  Just wait for another breakup then make your move by asking her to dinner or something.

4. The kid thing is really no big deal. I love kids. I'm not saying I'd be OK right off the bat playing the daddy role, but I can work with kids. I'm not sure of the exact situation of the relationship, but I just know sometimes she will argue with him on the phone and they have their down moments and she cries sometimes. I don't even know if she likes me lol she just gives me what I think are hints and I'd be so embarrassed if she saw this, but yeah....I feel like I'm just hanging on a ledge with this. I should just forget about it.

I feel like it would be too soon, but of course I'd never know until I actually tried. I hate bring shy, the only unmanly burden I am stuck with lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. There is always someone better

6. #6 orangegrovekush, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    She calls you honeybun,babe because she is mocking you she probably views you as some child. nah but tbh i doubt she likes you that way it has been 3 years bro and still not even a hint that she wants ur dick.

7. #7 Airf0nz0, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    I'm unfortunately stuck with the same burden.

8. Dammit, why do you have to be a downer?

9. Yeh soz man, i don't know the situation i'd need to be there in real life but who knows you could have a chance so don't give up yet. imo some girls can like you alot and not even show it.

10. They always stay with the dude op, you become the sholder to cry on, then you try it on. She knocks you back and is like wtf i thought you were different, then you feel like a fool everything becomes awkward and you find yourself leaving town.  :laughing:

Im in stiches typing this but you get my point op.

11. Well it's not like this at all actually. Like I said, I don't even know if she likes me. She makes little hints sometimes, but I could possibly be faking myself out into thinking she likes me (if that makes sense lol). I'm not the shoulder to cry on or anything like that, so I don't know if this would be the same situation that you are describing, but I get you.

12. Ok, just dont fall into that role.

I would now say if she breaks up with him and is still apart after a couple of weeks (you will know the right time) then tell her how you feel, you never know mate.
    Or it will drive you mad not knowing what she may or may not of said if you had just asked her out for a drink.

13. #13 garrison68, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    All people with kids have problems, no exceptions.  It would not be a good idea to place yourself in the middle of all of this mess.   I'd advise forgetting about her, and find a girl that isn't attached, and without children.

14. A workmate with kids & ongoing relation issues with the father. Could there be anybody worse?

Isn't That the definition of a "Train wreck in slow motion" w/dynamite 

15. No, not quite. Sometimes good can come out of a bad situation. I am just going to give up though. A lot of you are right. I'll just find someone else that interests me. It's almost as if I'm an elephant trying to jump through a hula hoop with this. Thanks for your opinions.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

16. Sorta..there's a girl I like, and I can tell she likes me too, but she has a bf of 2 years.. The thing is her bf has extreme scoliosis or something and needs a backbrace to fuck, he can't do work in sex she basically has to fuck him. That's the worst shit ever especially since I know they aren't going to break up anytime soon. But they're happy and I'm no one to ruin that so I moved on