Hello, New Here Seedling Stage Outside?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bananaboat420, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Heyooooooooo!

So, due to some problems with various things, I have come to consider growing my seeds outside during the seedling stage (I will move them inside after this due to troubling neighbors and bugs.)
    I will germinate as normal (probably just put them in water).

Will starting the seedling stage outside harm the plants? Should I just wait until my issues are resolved?

Many thanks :D !

2. You may want to start the seed in a dixie cup and potting soil and use a cfl for light

3. Alright, cool. 
    When will the plant start producing its strong smell?
    Want to know this so I know when to install my carbon filters.

4. You shouldn't need to worry about smell for several weeks :smoke:

5. Just for conclusion:
    So would having a few CFLs (three plants) for light would be better for the plants (in the seedling stage) than letting the plants  grow outside for the seedling stage?

6. #6 AlmightySosa, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
        I'm also quite new to growing and I'm currently on my first grow indoors with CFL lighting. Starting seedlings indoors is recommended because the seedlings are very weak at the start. Indoors you can control the environment and take care of it much easier. Also no chance slugs and other things outdoors will kill all your baby seedlings. Also outdoors a big rainstorm could easily over water your seedlings. I'd suggest like fandango said, and remember to keep cfl light 2 to 3 inches away from the seedlings. You want at least 100 actual watts of CFL 6400k spectrum for veg per plant. Then for Flowering you want CFL lighting in the 2700k spectrum.

7. Depends on the weather where you live. If you're not sure the frosts have passed with spring you can start outside, but I would wait until you're able to start indoors. Good luck.