Canada- Health Warning- Purple Kush Recall

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Apr 21, 2014.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    Health Canada: Medical marijuana recalled! "A British Columbian medical marijuana supplier is voluntarily recalling one of its batches after a Health Canada inspection found “issues with the company's production practices.”
    Happy 420, but don't smoke the purple kush.

A British Columbian medical marijuana supplier is voluntarily recalling one of its batches after a Health Canada inspection found “issues with the company's production practices.”

In what is likely a first in the Canadian medical marijuana industry, Greenleaf Medicinals is instructing clients to immediately stop using a batch of Purple Kush brand marijuana labelled “PK-10-20-13.”

“It's not a danger to those people using the product, but they are being asked to discontinue use,” said Erika-Kirsten Easton, a spokesperson for Health Canada.

She did not have details as to what “production practices” Health Canada had issues with.

According to Health Canada, the company is working with other licensed producers to find another supply of marijuana for those who are impacted by the recall.

Ironically, the recall comes on the same day as thousands of people are expected to light up across Canada to show their support for the decriminalization of marijuana.

In Toronto thousands of people are expected to descend on Yonge-Dundas square starting at noon. In the nation's capital thousands of people are expected to gather on Parliament Hill for a similar event called “Fill the Hill.”

Despite the growing use of medicinal marijuana it is not an approved drug in Canada and possession and use of the drug remains illegal unless prescribed by a doctor.

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2014/04/20/health_canada_medical_marijuana_recalled.html

Be careful if you are in Canada, or near the border- this may show up on the street! And might not be being sold as "Purple Kush"!

And this is why we ALL need the freedom need to grow our own, legally! :yay:

Granny

2. Hopefully they shed some light on what the 'production practices' actually were.  Leaving their patients in the dark like that is stupid, they have a right to know.

3. See this is partially why the whole dispensary and collective thing bothers me.

Sure the budtenders have some amazing tits, but that doesnt mean they aren't scratching their buttholes behind the counter without washing.

..uh...the guy I get some from may have moobs but they aren't amazing...and he wears gloves when he measures...but I can see how some nice tits could distract the typical LA club-med patients...[​IMG]

5. Thanks for the heads up :)

6. I'm in Canada, BC lol

Like 20 mins from the border actually

Omega369

7. #7 corkybuchek, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    This is why everyone should grow their own

"This includes potential residues from use of unregistered pesticides, unsanitary production conditions, concerns with testing standards and/or control of plant materials."
    Health Canada did not say what adverse effects might occur from smoking or ingesting the recalled pot.
    Greenleaf could not be reached for comment; its website appears to have been taken down and the company's name does not appear on Health Canada's online list of authorized growers of medical marijuana.
    The Health Canada spokesman said Greenleaf has been temporarily removed from the list until its production problems have been corrected and its operations re-inspected.

8. What a bunch of bastards. Claiming there is a problem then stating the weed is ok to smoke? I see they're trying to pull a fast one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 tranceholic, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    ooops too late already in my system, how would you repay me health care canada!?

funny how the media talks bullshit about marijuana before april 20th

10. #10 Tourettes420, Apr 25, 2014
    LOL most illegal marijuana in canada comes from Hells Angels  and rarely from dispensaries (cause that would be illegal xD) and even H.A. does a better job growing. Why? Because they smoke what they sell, hence hydro grown BC Bud.

11. #11 Spliff Shady, Apr 25, 2014
    How can we start a protest to let us grow and stop the cornering of the market by large unscrupulous companies? I say all canadian pot smokers demand the right to grow at least the medical ones.

12. Well the injunction to grow is a start. Slowly but surely harpers conserative government is getting fucked.

13. I really hope so but if you venture out of this thread and read shit on other sites the ignorance is amazing. Hopefully Trudeau wins and keep his word on legalizing. I also really hope he doesn't make it so we can't grow and we have to buy off corperations that would be really gay.

14. Indeed I always wanted to be able to grow my own but would really prefer to do it legally.  One of these days, seriously though us Canadian smokes should do something, someone please organize something...I don't want to be the leader, well I do but don't know how.  I mean smoking a joint on the steps of the local copshop probably wont work...

15. If he gets elected he will legalize it, probably with barely any limits. He advocates so much for marijuana, i highly doubt he would change his mind. Hes young and knows our generation best.

16. Oh my gawd, can't we just skip all this and get it in pill form from big pharma? I'm so scared....hold me. LOL!

17. Any connection to "Green Leaf Medicinals" in Colorado? Hmmm....

I notice I am unable to view any info online for the Canadian Green Leaf Medicinals site. Would like to see who is behind this organization. (And the one in Colorado and if there are any ties.) I suspect there are.

18. Im guessing pesticides, someone probably had proof to show the bud was heavily sprayed and for fear of a law suit or in the middle of a law suit they decided to do this, lawsuits or a fear of them are usually the main reason for any recall...