Mixed F****** Signals

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Mister Stoney, Apr 21, 2014.

1. College kid here, been getting some pretty mixed signals from girls in my class.

Some girls in my class keep glancing at me, sometimes openly and sometimes from the corner of their eyes. Tbh I don't really care but it seems to be only me out of all the dudes and it feels like I'm getting some positive vibes but I'm not 100% positive. Now I run up the courage to do something about it and I walk up to one of the girls, say hello and add a 'cutie' at the end of the hello. Next thing I know the girl is semi-flipping and asking what i just said. I repeated the same f****** sentence and she still asks me for what I said. Now I'm kinda pissed as I hate repeating myself and I prepared to say something assholish before one of her friends called her and she left. 

Looking back at her uncharacteristic reaction - we've talked a few times before and she's pretty chill - I'm kind of confused. Don't really care whether she likes me or not but I could not pinpoint whether she liked the fact of my pathetic attempt of what could be called flirting - or at least leading up to it - and I just want to know if this is a normal reaction to one word. The thing that bothers me is that it seems like she's into me but following her reaction, I'm not so sure. Haven't talked to her since but she's still glancing my way, though noticeably less. So WTF is going on?

2. I would not have added that cutie

3. I think it was the cutie part, too confident for her liking maybe??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. People looking at you doesn't mean they are interested romantically... Shit even them saying they like you isn't always a clear view at how they see you in relationships. And some girls don't react well to getting hit on/being called pet names, it's not that you have malicious intent but it's rather that some girls have super bad experience with cat-calling/aggressive guys coming on to them, and get anxious when it appears again.

Everyone's different, maybe she was having an off day. I would just ask her if she's okay and apologize for any discomfort you may have accidentally caused her.

5. Glancing doesn't mean anything she could of been looking behind you and yor head was in the way lol she prob was wondering why u called her cutie n thougt it was creepy, she prob doesn't like u or think of u more then a friend it's all in ur head

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. If she's like me and almost every female I know, she got turned off at the cutie part. Approaching a girl you don't really know and--not jokingly-- saying something like "hey/what's up. cutie/shorty/shawty/mama/baby", it's lame, it's a huge turn off, and just plain stupid. It sounds generic.

7. "Hey cutie" to a stranger = "Hey we should fuck"