Ignorant To Smoke On Easter?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by whatamidoing5294, Apr 20, 2014.

1. So I'm highly catholic, and believe that God gave us weed (as the bible mentions all herbs and such for us) and the only sinful thing about it is that it breaks a law.

Someone posted on instagram about how it's ignorant to smoke on the day our lord died? I plan on attending church and a family dinner, then going to a huge 4/20 party.

I don't feel I'm ignorant, nor am I being disrespectful as this person said. How do yall feel about it ?

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

2. Just another day in my books, plus that guy 'apparently' died like 2000 years ago I think he would be cool with you toking.

3. dont you drink communion on easter?

4. One small sip of wine.

- Maturity is the decision to be mature when needed. Not being grouchy when the time to enjoy life is present.

5. one small puff of smoke, for jeseus

6. Yes, just several small puffs of smoke til I can no longer pray.

7. @[member="whatamidoing5294"]...sigh...seems to me like you are looking for approval, especially in matters of faith. Read what it is said in Romans 14:22-23 "So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. <sup>23 </sup>But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin." I also recommend you to read the entirety of Romans 14. I would advise you to start making convictions that come straight from the bible, and the only way you will do this is by not only listening, James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." God bless and start living your faith in Christ, and please read and put to practice what is written in God's word, daily.

8. Colossians 2:16-23 <sup>"16 </sup>Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. <sup>17 </sup>These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. <sup>18 </sup>Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. <sup>19 </sup>They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
    <sup>20 </sup>Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: <sup>21 </sup>“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? <sup>22 </sup>These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. <sup>23 </sup>Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence."

9. and Jesus said to his disciples "thee who is sober and a good samaritan may get stoned" "Smoke this holy herb, in memory of me".

10. I understand that there are people that don't believe in God, the scriptures, and the faith. I'm serious about my faith and not ashame of it. It would be cool if we could learn to disagree and tolerate each other without being disrespectful about what each other believe in, maybe we can all learn from each other rather than look down on each other spreading hate.

11. No I don't think it's ignorant to smoke on easter. I'm not a christian though. But I've read the bible enough to know that smoking bud is only a sin if you think and feel like it is. To sin is simply to go against what you feel or believe is right, or good (in my opinion).

Besides, we don't know which day jesus really died... and Easter day is the celebration of the resurrection... Not the crucifixion. So I don't know what that person was talking about "ignorant to smoke on the day of the lord's death"

12. I think that person is ignorant to the definition of ignorant.

13. ignorant not to.

14. 420 parties > church

15. You can smoke on 420! If you think it's bad.. Go to confession next Sunday. But it's not bad. Were catholic we drink we smoke yadda yadda yadda. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. toke while in the confession booth...share with the priest. :smoking:

17. It seems like a celebration would be what He wanted. 

18. It's more ignorant to conform your actions to suit the mentality of a random flawed human being on instagram.

19. I would say smoke, its not for sure the messiah died on this day, the babylonians baked bread buns as an offering to the queen of heaven, semiramis during the equinox.  Christmas is pagan, incorperated by constantine. So im saying God said, Behold, i have given you every tree bearing seed that is on the face of all the earth, they shall be for you for meat. (gen1.29). We all gotta eat right. :smoke:

20. The only religion that actually has sin is the Catholic one. Fact √