Please Help Blades Venting My 4X4 Tent Properly

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 000DankStank000, Apr 20, 2014.

1. So I have a 4X4 Tent setup with a 1000watt HPS Bulb in a Air cooled Hood with 6" opening. I also have a 2 foot charcoal filter with a 6" opening. I have a 6 " inline duct fan to more the air. this setup will all be in my 4x4x6 Tent. I will be down sizing all my opening to 4" cause I have a lot of 4 " ducting laying around.

My question to you guys is what is the best way to set this up to get rid of heat smell and noise?

Do I go Fan inside the tent pulling threw the hood and filter then out of the fan and out the top of the tent?

Should I pull right from the filter then push threw the hood and then out the tent?

I need to keep heat down and noise. I have a fan speed sontroller for the exhaust fan.

Do you guys think I should guy and intake fan for the Tent to pull fresh air in from the outside like a 4 " inline fan for fresh air?
    I am not running C02 at this time.

So Blades what is the best setup for my 4X4x^ Tent for exhaust and Intake?
    Got 6 girls on Day 2 of flower Please help
    Happy 420

2. My fans are set up to pull from the filter and push through the hoods. Reason is if there's a leak on the hood or ducting somewhere then I'd ratther clean air leak into my tent than stinky air leak into my exhaust. Negative pressure in your tent, positive pressure in your hoods.

3. What Not Sure said, but you should definitely invest in some 6" ducting to get the most from your equipment.

I suggest having a 4" (aprox) intake, fan not necessary, if you are using a 6" inline.

4. Ya the runs are very short so I didn't think the 4" would be a problem.

So lights are on in 2 hours and that's when I'm gonna do my ducting. So I will screw the fan right onto my filter then blow it threw my lights then out the tent. That's what you guys are saying right?

Filter fan light exit tent ??
    That's what I got?

My tent has intake screens should I still buy a 4" intake? The inline ones look so cheap and cost $45 a 6" inline cost me $95
    So is it needed for intake ?

5. Not forsure certain but I don't think you will need an intake fan if you have intake screens. If the temps are still to high during lights on, I might consider an intake. I have a 4x4 tent with air cooled and carbon filter. I do filter>fan, Air cooled, exit out of window. I have my fan sucking from carbon filter and blowing over my lights then exiting the tent. I have 3 intake screens on the bottom of the tent that are used for intake. I only run a 600watt hps but if I had a 1000watt and was having any temp issues I would buy an intake fan. Also don't forget about the fan to blow over the canopy inside the tent. Hope this helps.

6. Get a cool tube as well.

That sounds good for setup... and no, you don't need an intake fan.