Uh Oh (First Grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NugsBunny420, Apr 19, 2014.

1. I planted 3 seeds, 2 white widow autos and a random bag seed.
    They're all doing well. But the problem is, when the light cycle needs to be changed for the bag seed.. Will it effect the widows? Should I bother changing iit? If I don't let it flower will it stay alive by the time the widows are finished?
    The bag seed was planted around a week before the widows, so it's a bit more along.
    I'm growing under a 600w HPS. :)

2. I agree with Letter 3. Maybe you could lst the bag seed to compensate. Just an idea. Sending good vibes your way.

3. Since they're autos I'd imagine light cycles won't effect them much, except that perhaps they won't grow as fast because they're getting less light. Just my thoughts, I've never grown autos. Good luck on your grow :)

4. #5 The Letter 3, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  5. Isolating one plant to a dark area even a box works. Iv done it but now I have multiple rooms its easy.

It really is a good idea to have a veg and a flower room once you get your grow established.

I do put autos in my flower room. they dont mind a bit growing 12/12.

6. So is there any point I have to cause it to flower before it dies/degrades?

7. A weeks time in cannabis cultivation isn't really that much time in the vegetive stage. Just keep the lighting cycle the same for all of them...

8. I know it's no where near yet.m^^ I'd just like some ideas for when flowering does need to be induced

9. Autos, by nature, are tolerant of low light intensities and shorter photoperiods.  The Ruderalis genetics which give the plants the autoflower ability are from plants which evolved in central Russia so they adapted to those low-light/short grow season conditions. Basically, they ignore the rules and veg with whatever light they get and then flower when they feel like it. You should cater to the bag seed plant. Unless its also an auto, it wont be as tolerant/forgiving.  The auto's will get along fine on the bag seed's cycle.  Maybe it wont be optimal, but you'll cruise easier this way than trying to manage a bonsai veg while waiting to flower and harvest the autos.