Chevy Vs Ford Vs Dodge Vs Toyota

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Popesack, Apr 19, 2014.

1. I've seen many diesel trucks get stuck in mud... many. Because they have pulling power doesn't mean they do well in the mud.

2. #42 Talon, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    I like them all. SBC, sbf, hemis, 2jz, 7mgte, north stars, they're all amazing pieces of machinery

Ohh shit just now read the truck part. Favorite truck ever is my friends old f 350 6.0 TD, RWD dually.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414034143.664803.jpg

If your talking about trucks. Then here is the toughest truck ever built. ford , dodge and Chevy can all jack it out for second place. Every year they come out with these ugly ass little people carrier "trucks" with boxes smaller than the cab. And every year one gets slight better towing, fuel Econ , etc. back in the day, these old J series jeep pickups outstripped everything. End of the day, new trucks, regardless of whatever are all basically the same. This is a 78 jeep J20. When these came out, they put everything into the Stone Age. 100% ford, dodge and Chevy could not stand up to these trucks. The absolute best and toughest vehicles. Dodge later bought jeep and based their new "ram" model after these. It never could compare though. If ya wanna go ford, dodge or Chevy though , I'm ford to the bone. Toughest running gear out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Jeep and Dodge are the same company :)

5. I voted for chevy before I realized this thread was about trucks specifically, but my vote still stands.

although I think ford trucks usually look a bit better.

6. As I said, dodge "later" bought jeep. Dodge didn't always own them. Jeep made jeep. The funny thing about these trucks is that today every year one company will do slightly better than the other, but really it doesn't matter. Back when Jeep (not dodge at the time) brought out their J series, they were actually so much better that people in largely significant numbers were not buying from ford or Chevy or dodge. So dodge bit the bullet and bought jeep. Tried to copy the J series with their ram, and failed dismally..

7. I highly disagree with that. I think Jeep needed Dodge and Dodge needs Cummins LOL. 

8. Disagree all you want haha. It's the truth. Ford recently bought cummins. Although they are not allowed to put a cummins into their ford lineup, they are taking the technology from cummins for their own diesels... Not sure if powerstroke will be making them or not... Say goodbye to dodge having any sort of edge on their diesels...

9. I am more of an import fan myself so I don't care haha. 

10. How about Ford coming out with those aluminum frames...

11. The perfect truck would include a Cummins engine, Chevy drivetrain and Ford suspension.

I personally drive an F250 7.3L, but I hold no preference. These manufacturers have been around since I was born, they are still producing trucks like hot cakes. They must be doing something right if they are going to be competitive.

12. FORDS ALL THE WAY!!! Love my f150

Shred!!!!!!!

13. Whats the best selling truck of all time??
    F-150
    Coincidence? I doubt it.

This is just eye candy...

\tFord Powerstroke pulls 280,000 lb train...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkVLsCLTKw8

(Full episode where the FORD CRUSHES the other two
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGoW_VM0rU