Chevy Vs Ford Vs Dodge Vs Toyota

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Popesack, Apr 19, 2014.

1. well i prefer reliability over everything so toyota.

2. Chevys were always too cheaply made for me. I've blown up more 350's towing cars than I'd like to admit, and man I HATE those damn rear ends. Dodge makes the worst trannies imaginable, but man can they pull (Hell, their differential is fucking massive). Also, it's hard to go wrong with a Hemi. Now, to offer the opinion every redneck and home garager stands against; Ford makes the strongest damn motors in the world (excluding those leaky ass 6.0 diesels). Anyone who wants to argue is welcome to come down to my shop, and I'll happily pull the rear end out from underneath your Chevy pickup with it's 454 using my old Ford 390. And Ford's 300 CI straight six will climb trees and pull up concrete swimming pools with that kick ass 9 inch third member backing it up. Heck, I have an old Ford pickup with a scrappy 302 in it that sat for 15 years, then fired right up the moment I needed it (on rusty gas no less). Ford's real issue is that their trucks ride like shit, and they rust more than any vehicles I've ever seen. But in the end, I'd take ANY American motor over a Toyota or Nissan, gas mileage be damned. Too many wires, too much plastic, and there will always be something to be said about loyalty.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I had a Tacoma for the longest time and loved the shit out of it. I'd like to get a new Tundra some day. 

4. toyota all the way

5. Chevy, Ford and Dodge can all go fuck each other. American vehicles are garbage.

6. toyota all day. unless i needed an insane amount of power in which case it would be something cummins based.

[​IMG]

7. I thought IFS suspensions were gay?

8. Anything but dodge

Absolutely.  I lost my Tacoma when my ex moved out and took the motor home too.

I would love a new Tundra. :)  thats a solid pick up.

10. #31 organicpandemic, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014

lol do you see ifs in that picture? no. just because north america gets stuck with shitty toyota ifs doesnt mean the rest of the world does :p 4.5L turbo v8 diesel with coil solid front and leaf solid rear and a payload of 1245kg/2745lb (can be upgraded by 450kg). oh and they hold 180L of fuel stock.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWvMR7YBh-w[/media]

11. #32 AR Toasty, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I drive a Landcruiser. It's an '86.

With one exception, every vehicle I've ever owned has been a Toyota. There's a reason.

12. If you are looking to tow, MOPAR or no car... Dodge is the best.

13. Chevy all day till I die.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

14. Chevy!
    I love Chevy trucks so much I named my Ball Python Chevy :p

attachment=1544061:ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409276568.362282.jpg]

-Pretty Python

Attached Files:

15. I love all the american trucks and prefer them over toyotas but they will never beat the reliabilty of a toyota. If only they brought the helix back and gave it a diesel.

16. Im a fan of international harvester, the truck the others emulated(crew cab anyone?). The truck that unions killed.

[​IMG]

17. Toyota easily!

I also read that Toyota has diesel engine in the works and It will be sweet as fuck.

I used to go offloading off the mountains of San Angeles and there were lots of trucks, but Toyota seemed to be the ones pulling the stuck chevys fords and dodge while jeeps and tacomas were running circles around them.

For the most part, people driving giant lifted trucks don't even see off road conditions too often and more of a status symbol. My jeep was coated with inch thick mud on the weekends.

Now I want a nice 4x4 tundra, those things are so smooth and are not lacking any power. Add force induction and you got a sweet ass ride.

18. #40 †TheGrow†, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    Jeep and Dodge are the same companies(so they use the same components more or less) and I do find it hard to believe on average a Toyota would pull better then a Cummins.