Tea

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SiberianShepherd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Well F it they have a coffee thread, so why not have a Tea thread. Hell it's so much better  :devious:
    Any way what is you favorite type of tea?

Mine is Chamomile or English Breakfast. 

I got a teavana gift card so i may try some dry leaf tea soon. But it's expensive. 

2. I like your standard orange pekoe, but I also like mint chocolate oolong. I haven't found a tea I dislike. 

3. I dislike a lot of white teas. They don't seem to have much flavor to me. I guess I am just used to black teas.

4. I have recently began drinking tea, I must say I like it more than coffee. It is a healthier alternative and it has more health benefits. There is a loose leaf tea store in a mall close to where I live, they have a huge variety of teas and I usually buy a different one every time I go there.

They smell great and they taste good as well, it is called loose leaf because it doesn't come in a bag. You buy tea packets and put in whatever you like, the loose leaf teas usually come with dried fruits like pears, apples, cranberries, and things like that.

If you haven't dried loose leaf tea I definitely suggest you do so. Better smell, better taste, less additives, more natural. 

Overall a better choice than you're plain old pre-packaged tea. 

5. I havent tried it but I do have a gift card for this place. http://www.teavana.com/ it's also a local store in a mall by me. But it is just so damn expensive haha. Plus i'd have to buy the strainer and all.

Yea, it is a bit pricey but definitely worth it.

7. I love tea. Green. White. Herbal. Black. Oolong. Yerba Maté. All of it. Each has it own time a place. But I could drink green tea all day.
    *Lemongrass is also a personal favorite.

8. I am sure it is. I just need to make the initial purchase. Right now I am making some Oolong tea and throwing it in the fridge to try it cold. I am more of a hot tea drinker so this will be an experience haha.

I am making this one.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/triple-leaf-tea-all-natural-oolong/ID=prod6156116-product?ext=gooGrocery_PLA_Tea_prod6156116_pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku6139182&sst=083888d0-1009-9348-8ba8-000022123ee4

9. FYI Teavana is extremely overpriced.

10. i drink tea at night to calm me down. i buy all my herbs seperately from shops and stores n shit.

i usually make a flavored water base with citrus fruits, cloves, hibiscus, ginger root or other things.

my tea ingredients usually consist of skullcap, passion flower, damiana, chamomile, lemon balm, catnip, and some other herbs ive found with sedative properties. or anything thats relaxing really.

im very precise with my tea making haha
    im sensitive to caffeine so i try to stay away from that side of the tracks.  

11. Black Tea IMO is a morning drink. Even add some milk or cream with it like its coffee.
    Some of my favorite blacks are :golden monkey, earl grey moonlight( any earl grey actually) and Ceylon sonata.

But there are so many variations and fruits and spices added. Just try a few that sound appealing to you.

I have a really nice cast iron teapot from Japan. But i use a French press sometimes. Works great!

12. I saw they did sample packs I might try that just to get a few and see what i like. The golden monkey, dragon pearls,phenoix pearls, and irish/english breakfast seem appealing so far.

13. Black tea with sugar, honey, lemonade and apple juice. Hell I even smoke tea joints when im on a t break. Gives a nice caffeine head rush  :ey:

14. Iced sweetened Black or green tea, preferably without an added taste ( lemon, peach, etc. ) If i'm having hot tea i perfer black but green will also do.  I've never tried any other tea's other than black and green .

15. #17 Zera, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    Looseleaf green tea from Zhejiang province.

I used to have a Chinese teacher from there, and she would make some tea for whoever could speak with the best accent or did best on her tests.

I practiced and studied so hard for that tea.

It was delicious, and smelled vaguely of honey--though there were never any sweeteners added. Would have been sacrelige to sweeten that lovely stuff.

16. Making some camomile right now, can't wait until it's brewed.

17. Its tea time bitches!

These are my tea tools OP.

Attached Files:

18. That's cool. I wish i had a nice set.