400W Pineapple Chunk/berry Bomb Hempy

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MushroomBandit, Apr 19, 2014.

1. #1 MushroomBandit, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Start to finish if everything goes as planned. Currently I have fox farm trio with hydroponic big grow. Using hempy cups to start with, then moving to either 2lt or 1gal buckets.

Seeds sprouted today after three days of germination in these cups.
    Will not be providing nutrients outside of tap water for first week or so.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg
    Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

2. I have Pineapple chunk seeds too....interested in.how these grow

3. #4 MushroomBandit, Apr 22, 2014
    I've read that PC can be really finicky about nutrients. Guess I'll find out.

Day 3 update - Seeds just doing their thing so far. Stretched a bit but that's my fault for putting the light too high.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg
    Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

4. #5 MushroomBandit, Apr 23, 2014
    Day five

Started giving them half the recommended FF nutes for seedlings. I'll up the dose when their roots are set in more. They should start to kick off any day.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg
    Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

5. Another mini-update: feedin daily about 1/2oz to an oz of seedling nutes. Will be switching to veg soon. Grow light is the 150w hps sun system. I thought about getting a MH but I haven't seen any reason not to use hps during veg.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg
    Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

6. Update time

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg
    Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

Been feeding the plants half recommended veg nutes for FF. As soon as the roots grow a bit bigger it will really take off. I'm thinking kangaroots or an equivalent will drastically increase hempy growth. Maybe I'll buy some soon.

7. #8 MushroomBandit, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    Update time: yesterday I broke out the old rainforest and put my plants in it. Pretty fantastic for root growth. I'll toss them into the larger hempy buckets when they are almost ready for flowering.

Ph at 6 and ppm at 550.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg

Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

Couple more weeks and they should be ready for flowering.

Edit: some bonus pictures!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

8. Day 17 I think. Ppm at 700, ph at 6, temp at 80f.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg

Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

9. Day 22. Started flowering them on thursday, or two days ago. No nutrient defficiencies or burn so far. Feeding with fox farm nutrients following the chart for hydro. I'm feeding Monday and Friday, and watering inbetween.

Both plants going strong. A week or so and I'll take some clones.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg

Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

Couple bag seeds plants I lst'd.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Not entirely sure what I'm going to do to keep them from falling over. Seemed like a good idea at the time though... They were out into flowering a the same time as the others. But they will take a whole longer to finish.

10. Hi, just checking out your grow, I noticed those little stones, what are those called, or what method is that? Looks great

11. Those are hydroton. Just hard clay really. It's a fast draining, sterile medium used in hydroponics systems such as bubblers ebb and flow and aeroponics. Any automatic hydro setup basically. The system I have it in is the rainforest 36. It's a like a bubbler and a very low pressure aeroponics system.

12. That pineapple chunk is looking fabulous. Can't wait till I'm done with this cycle. I'm gonna take a small break. Then I'm doing 2 of 5 Pineapple chunk, G13, THC Bomb, Vanilla Kush, or LM-10

13. I think I got lucky with this one. From the journals I've dad

14. #15 MushroomBandit, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    I think I got lucky with this one. From the journals I've read, the pheno's can vary a lot in PC.

I can't imagine taking a break from growing. Such a fun hobby. ;)

15. It's the time that has to be put into it. I wasn't prepared for that. Next time around I'll be better prepared

16. It feels like an uphill battle sometimes. I'm constantly discovering things that I've been doing wrong or should have been doing a little differently. There really is a lot to know to grow the best possible bud. But learning it is pretty fun although time and money consuming.

Hope you get you garden going soon and good luck.

17. Day 37 from sprout. Day 17 in flowering.

Using a new nute lineup. Guy from the hydro shop gave me a sample from Cutting Edge Solutions. I've got to say, it's a breath of fresh air compared to fox farm. Since switching to half strength CES ive noticed an immediate improvement of all my plants. I've got the ph at 6 and ppm at 600. Starting off low.

Cutting Edge Solution Lineup
    image.jpg

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Flowering Room
    image.jpg

I've taken about 12 clones so far and six of them are rooted, vegetating and should be ready for flowering in about a week.

Attached Files:

18. Daamn, that flowering room looking good. 

19. 45 days from sprout, 25 days into flowering.
    PPm at 750, Ph at 6. Using 80% solution strength and having a bit of burn on the pineapple chunk plant. Berry bomb is doing great though. I'll move down to 70% and see how the PC does.

Pineapple Chunk
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Berry Bomb
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Added two more PC and two more BB to the flowering room yesterday.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

I've also kept one of each for mother plants. When I get these plants rotation down good I'm hoping for a 2oz harvest every two weeks.