Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disagreement Over Edibles. Whats Your Take?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by turoro, Apr 19, 2014.

1. #1 turoro, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Okay, so I've never gotten edibles to work for me (probably because I made them myself). I'm taking a drug test in a couple months and my parents told me to stop smoking a few days ago.

However, my dad knows how frustrated I've become with edibles, and since he happened to buy some cannabutter the other day, he gave me one. He told me to eat it on a full stomach, and I argued that it would work better on an empty stomach. He insisted that he was right and said I could have another if I didn't feel the effects within an hour. So I ate dinner, and then ate the edible right afterward.

It's been two hours, and I only feel a little high--pretty much just a buzz. I went and told my dad this a couple moments ago and we got in a big argument.

Everything I've researched, and every fellow smoker I know, says that edibles are enjoyable due to their "powerful and intense effects". Edibles are supposed to get you really high, which is why you must be careful about how much you ingest. It seems to me that most people who take edibles do it with the intent of surpassing the "usual" high.

My dad, on the other hand, argued that edibles aren't supposed to get you ripped--the whole point of them is to give you a buzz that lasts for a long time. He also said that how much you ingested didn't matter and repeatedly claimed that the high depended entirely on your metabolism/digestive system.

So tell me, who's correct?

2. I make some cookies that use canna butter, a gram of killer bud and about 1/6 a gram of hash  per cookie and two will fuck you up.

It helps when you are a grower and can use a whole bunch of the good shit to make sure they kick ass.

Your dad is part right but you can get blasted on edibles. you start using hash oil and you will be on a long ride.

3. He is right about eating on a full stomach. It won't properly absorb if you eat on an empty stomach. He is wrong about saying it doesn't matter how much you eat. You could eat a little to get a long lasting and mellow buzz or a lot and get fuckin blasted. Intensity will depend on how the bud was grown, the extraction process, and the user's metabolism. Using shitty weed will result in a shitty edible.

4. Some people just can't do edibles. I'm one of them. Through some cruel Cosmic joke, I barely feel edibles. I make strong as fuck edibles for other patients, .3g of oil and .5g of kief per cookie. Everyone says they're good for a couple doses, but they do absolutely nothing to me. I once put a full gram of oil in a Brownie once and swallowed it whole. That got me high for a while but I kick myself to this day,cause smoking it would have kept me well off for at least 2 days. Tinctures seem to work well for me,but I make those unbearably strong. Only 1 dropper full per dose

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Stop being stupid and trying to get high, you have a drug test in a couple months.  Its time to get clean.  Do you have a reason to get high?

6. Edibles suck for me...

The first time I ever tried weed was through an edible with one of my exs... It had my rolling on the floor laughing...It was a chocolate bar of some sort... Tasted like shit...

I figured out I only like the taste fruity edibles... Fruit loops,fruity pebbles,etc anything fruity like that.

But I can never seem to find a decent edible to get me high... None seem to work at all

I've tried on an empty stomach, without smoking before hand, vise versa of both, and still nothing seems to happen. So edibles suck for me,

7. I love medibles . They usually take me 1 and a half hours to fully kick in . And last 4-6 hours . Depending on how many I eat . I've perfected my skills though , through trial and error . I bet you need to decarb you smoke before makin budder . And tell your dad he's WRONG !

Sent from your mom's phone.

8. Thanks for all the answers, guys!
    Except for the person who called me stupid. What's that all about, @[member="Airf0nz0"]? My drug test is two months from now and I could afford to push back the stop date by a bit. My dad knew I'd never gotten edibles to work for me and wanted to do me a favor. I fail to see how that warrants being called stupid by a complete stranger.

Also, happy ending!

My dad felt bad since they weren't doing anything for me, and showed up an hour later with two more edibles. Ate them both (with 1.5 hours in between), and it FINALLY kicked in around three hours later (note: 6 hours after the first). It didn't knock me off my feet or anything, but it was definitely closer to what I was expecting. :D I'm thinking that they just weren't very strong edibles? Maybe why it took three.

9. Most edibles don't have quality control, so you truly have no idea how much dosage you are getting. Stick to smoking, saves money on pointless edibles.

10. Or make your own edibles to know exactly how much you're getting ;)

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.

11. #11 wooduyb21, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Just did it [​IMG]

12. I have no clue how to cook. I have my woman for that and even she hates cooking.

13. It's simpler than it seems. Read some of the guides in this forum.

14. No no no, you misunderstood me. I literally can not cook. I burn shit to the ground lol.

15. It just takes practice and patience ;)