Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Age Is One Considered A Seasoned Toker?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by APH, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 sektr, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Age means nothing, it's about how long you have smoked, your mentality towards the plant and getting high, and your knowledge on the subject.

I've been toking daily a little over 2 years now, and off and on for 5. I didn't know shit when I first started smoking daily, would still get paranoid and not enjoy my highs. After just 6 months, I learned to enjoy my highs and knew a bit more and I thought I was the man and super educated on the subject.

Easing my way into experienced stonerdom was sort of like growing up. There were several phases where I had these dawning moments of "Man, just a little while ago I thought I was so grown up (experienced with weed), little did I know!".

At first it was about getting high, but eventually it turns into a lifestyle and you don't even get that high anymore, you just like the relaxing sedative effects and the little switch it turns on (or off, depending how it affects you) in your mind. I'm a younger guy but I'm experienced with smoking. I have friends who have started in the past year, and now when they talk to me the way I would talk to them when I first started smoking, trying to sound all knowledgeable and shit but then just talking about how much they can smoke and sitting there going "I'm so baked man omg omg", I realize how stupid the way I approached marijuana when I was younger was.

2. A seasond toker should also have knowledge on different strains, knowing whats what by smell, taste, appearance.

3. #23 tstick, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    I have been using marijuana for 40 years and so I'm seasoned alright! But it's only been in the last few years since getting into medical marijuana that I have learned  SO much more about all aspects of the plant. 

I've gotten into growing, too. That, alone, has taken my knowledge to a whole new level.

I'm learning new stuff all the time.

4. #24 Rootsphere_Farms, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    My brother has been smoking daily since he was 12, he's 16 now and still going strong. Me on the other hand, I've only been smoking for 8 months, i've been to hempfest, I've been to a cannabis cup, I dab 0.5g a day, been growing since 2 weeks after I first tried weed, I make my own shatter and concentrates, and I have racked up over 2,000 posts on here and one other forum, and too much knowledge to even comprehend within that time frame. And yeah, I'm even still a teenager. I learned to grow myself and have completed 3 successful grows so far, which 1 crop I actually "donated" to one of my states top dispensarys and not trying to brag, but I think I am pretty advanced in the cannabis industry for being in the game for such little time, and being so young, but I know my shit. A true connoisseur

5. What teenagers are there on here that can relate to me? Probably not that many.

6. We're on the same boat, man. One successful grow was enough for me though since I'm in Oklahoma and it's risky.

"Volcano everday, baby." - Darth Vapir

7. I've been smoking since I was 18 and now I'm about to be 25, so I like to think that I have a good amount of knowledge. Plus to this day I still look up whatever strain I pick up online and just read the effects of it. It makes it more exciting for me to know what I'm about to feel. I really wish I can grow though, I want to get into that so bad but not until I can get my own place which sucks. I'm jealous as hell to all of you who grow lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I've only been smoking two years, regularly for one. I consider myself to be a seasoned toker, I don't know personally anyone that out smokes me. Not that I'm trying to brag, I just have a high tolerance. Buuut anyways, I feel like I know enough to be considered seasoned.

9. Definately not seasoned. :laughing:  :laughing:  

Hell I don't even consider my self fully seasoned. I started in 73, quit in 82 - 99, and going strong since then. Maybe I am still a journeyman or lightly seasoned master. :confused_2:   :smoke:

10. There is no such thing, only seasoned or stupid heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Seasoned toker, apprentice grower :smoke:

12. If a person is seasoned, it means he is accustomed to something. Are you not yet accustomed to weed? If you've been smoking since 99, i'd say you are accustomed to it. I've smoked almost everyday for the past year, and I know how weed affects me and how to accommodate it into my life responsibly.
    Don't go trying to start fights

13. I don't think ICGreen was trying to start a fight and I also think a regular smoker of 1 year isn't a seasoned toker.

If your seasoned then half the people on this forum are masters.

14. In my opinion, anyone who takes the title of "seasoned toker" to heart isn't a seasoned toker.

Smoking weed for some sort of acclamation isn't really in good taste.

15. Idk, i just smoke. I didn't know we had to define the concept of someone getting high for years.

With other drugs, people are called junkies not seasoned.

So fuck labels and judgments. Weed is weed. Experience is really only useful for understanding how to be safe around the law and knowing who to trust.

16. #36 ProdigalSun, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    To be a seasoned smoker, hmmm. I'd say, not until you have gone through the courts for it, AND kept your ddamn mouth shut about where you got it.  Some of us have smoked since before many of you were born. Due to the war, we had to suffer things that most of you won't even read about, thankfully. :ph34r: We paved the way for you, and some of us were doing it with you in mind. For me, a seasoned smoker is one who came up on the streets, one with some scars, some war stories. :metal: No offense kiddies, but some of you will never bear that title. Don't be mad, we did it for you too.

:love:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. #37 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    ^^Thanks for doing it for us, but I'm going to say this as nicely as i can, fuck living up to other people's standards of a label. It's just judgmental and doesnt do anything but give one a feeling of self entitlement.

We should stand united right? That's what you said you guys did for us right? To help us and show us to stick together? Why divide our fellow stoners with arbitrary standards and labels.

18. ^ in a nutshell, this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Dr. Sheldon, we are divided, youre a gold member :cry:

20. For god's sake, we're talking about smoking weed here. Its not really something you can master. Here is the definition of the word seasoned.
    accustomed to particular conditions; experienced.
    As long as you can handle being high, you are experienced in my book

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.