Smoked With Pizza Guy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GoodVibesOnly, Apr 19, 2014.

1. I can think of a few reasons why maybe a min wage person would buy a pizza.

Treat for their kid etc. I just don't think it should be expected that's all.

The only tipping I do is if I'm out for a proper sit down meal. And it's a couple quid I'd leave.
    Cafés etc well I don't. Unless the change us like less than 50p I'll say keep the change.

Tipping someone for serving me a cup of tea, or opening a door. Fuck that

2. Well, do what you want. Just try not to order your pizza from the same place more than once. They remember who doesn't tip, and they have complete access to your food...

3. Pics or it didnt happen :) I saw a vid the other day and the pizza dude did a dab! For you folks that think it's ok not to tip.... It ain't ok. Once or twice is understandable, we all are short on funds sometimes, but to stiff a tip when you have the scratch is lame. Not good for your karma I can promise you. Like dude above me said^, they'll totally fuck with your food. And enjoy it. I worked service industry for years, i have seen some fucked up shit go down for customers not tipping or being dicks.

[​IMG]

5. I often dream of sacred bonds like these... One day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. You talk if good vibes , and karma.
    Sounds like extorsion to me.

Tip or will do some nasty shit to your food.

7. V

8. #28 KushyKonundrum, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014

No, just sounds like survival. You not tipping almost literally translates into you taking food out of their mouths. You pay their wages.

Whats so silly about the viewpoint that tipping isn't required is that if these businesses had to start pay at minimum wage, your prices would almost certainly go up, so you would be paying that little extra anyway.

9. "I informed him that as a middle class white american, I cant relate to his athletic ability, but sympathize with him nonetheless"

Hilarious lol

10. #30 Doc-J, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    We don't have to constantly tip here, not sure who told you that. The only time I tip is if ordering a pizza or at an actual restraunt with waiters. As mentioned those people make less because of their profession. Minimum wage for a waiter is about half that of any other job. If they give good service then I certainly tip them. Screw up my food, or take 90 minutes and bring me a cold pizza and they dont get anything. Honestly i think it does more good for the consumer in the long run by motivating people to do good work. If everyone makes the same then there is no real incentive to put forth extra effort.

11. hahaha thats awesome

12. I tip my haircut lady 50% because she also gives happy endings

Omega369

13. #33 SlightlyStonedSD, Apr 19, 2014
    sounds like the first black guy OP has seen lol

14. #34 SlightlyStonedSD, Apr 19, 2014

Yeah Im probably biased because my sister was a waitress for 10 years but they make the majority of the money they live on off of tips.. the tips arent just icing on the cake thats how they survive... if I get bad service Ill tip less but I usually do 15-20% unless there's a problem

15. You should have had a tip, and he shouldnt have left his hand out like that.

Rudeness on both accounts.

16. . I found out his name is Cornelius

LMAO!!!!!

17. I made my mom tip this barber $5 extra even though it don't look as good because my regular barber had my shit ducked up and barbers make a shit load I think lol please tip everybody waiters and all that don't make shit

18. I'd jizz all over your pizza on the next delivery if you didn't tip me! Lol good thing I'm not a delivery person, tip the damn man!!

19. The system is fucked. Tips were never meant to be just about a requirement. Which is what I would call it. You are pretty much required to pay their wages for eating out at a place you enjoy. That's fucked up. Tips weren't meant to be a requirement, but all the employers made it that way.

20. This thread makes it look like pizza delivery guys and waiters/waitresses earn nothing but tips in the US, with all the "your tips pay their wages" stuff. Is this the case? Because in the UK, they earn a little more than minimum wage (sometimes a good few £ more) as well as any tips they get, I thought this was the same everywhere.

Either way nobody should feel guilty about not paying tips, your server or delivery guy chose that job, they could have cleaned toilets or drove a bus or bagged your stuff in a grocery store but chose to take the job they have. Tip if you feel like the service they provided you is worthy of a tip, but yeah again you do have to keep in mind they can fuck up your food if they're unhappy with no tip.