New Cfl 2Weeks

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shaund1990tx, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Heres some pics just making sure everything looks fine.. and on the very last pic the closeup you can see some yellow spots coming through on the leaf I think i had it to close to the lights..... soil grow ph is ok no nutes or any feeding yet

Attached Files:

2. Your lights are not close enough. Maybe your temps are too high, or maybe it is a nutrient deficiency. Also, it looks like you will need more lights very soon.

3. #3 shaund1990tx, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    ya its running 4 26watt cfls 6500k so i could run 6 up top and im gonna be adding more toward the front of the box so you say the spot isnt from being too close ? Also on the nute deficiency does that mean i should go ahead and start with nutes?

4. #4 Mr. President, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    I wouldn't start nutes for a while. Your cotyledons are still healthy.

Have you tested the pH of the soil? My guess would be no...

Island hippie is right... Your plants aren't close enough to the light. They should be 2"-3" away. 4 26w will be enough for a while, but you already know you need more.

Good luck

5. ya i bought some ph test strips I know they are not the most accurate but the run off tested ok preciate all the responses... from my own research is nitrogen deficiency out of the question?

6. Yeah I keep mine within an inch of my cfl's. She's barely stretched at all and I haven't gotten any spots from heat or anything like that but I'm running a computer fan. About same age as yours

7. What's the temperature in there? Those test strips work just fine dude! And no, a nitrogen deficiency would turn the entire leaf yellow