Plants Turning Yellow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jolly914, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Hello i am growing weed plants . this is my first time . I bought MG organic soil and i mixed in with perlite. I got 4 cfl Grow lights which is 42w equvilant to 150watts. so together i have 600watts of light all cfl . I also bought mg all plant purpose as my fertilizer. I have been growing them for 3 weeks and it has started to turn yellow on the leaves. i only been watering with water ONLY. some one please help me i am a beginner  i don't know what to do . Do I need anything else to help me get strong weed plant . 

Attached Files:

2. You only have 168 watts, equivalent is people measurements. Miracle grow is bad because of the time release nutrients, but it will work if it's all you have. I would recommend one plant per pot, the roots get tangled and get into a "fight". They may kill each other. Looks like the MG is already burning your plants. If you have a better soil option, replant with it. The most common soil is FFOF but Happy Frog is used a lot too. You can find most of the stuff you may need on Amazon.

3. I agree with Will. You can not go around saying you have 600W because that is misleading. Also, the soil you have them in could very well be causing the problems. I suggest getting some promix or something with no nutrients in it, to be honest. A lot of people use them just fine, but you have more control with a medium that has no nutrients, so you can add what you want when you want (and transplant them into a new medium giving each their own pot.

4. Give them each their own pot.

Try to use lights that are 26w (ACTUAL) 100w(EQUIV) and try and get the ones that are 6400k (LUMENS) instead.
    thats 26w 6400k daylight CFLS there like 2 for $10.00

5. The yellowing is from a nitrogen deficiency. It looks like it's been going on for a while. I second the nutrient free soils. Makes things easier when fertilizing. FFOF nutrients seconded also.

6. Collect rain water and use that, you'll get some needed nitrogen boost from that

7. With only two leaves on those little plants, the problem isnt nitrogen deficiency. Mg soil has plenty of nitrogen to support plants that size.

The yellowing that makes the plants look like they have a difficiency can be, and more often with new growers and crappy soil is, caused by over watering or soil compaction. In a way it is a deficiency because the plant isnt properly uptaking nutrients, but all the plant food or supplements in the world arent going to fix it.

If you live near a hydro store with good soil, or are willing to mix your own then i would consider starting over with a better medium. At this point its akready taken three weeks to grow plants that look about five days old. By the time you transplant in to seperate pots, and they recover you could have healthy happy plants that are equally, if not more developed.