How To Use My Bong For Dabs?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Coolcid2112, Apr 18, 2014.

1. So, I've recently gotten contacts to get some wax for 30$/g, and was hoping it would make me burn through my supply a little slower, i'd be willing to buy a whole rig if it were cheap, but since I have a bong i'd rather make do.

MY question seems to be what should I buy for it? before i get my wax, I know I need a nail, a dabber for the wax, but is there anything else? Is it smarter to just buy a TI nail instead of a quartz one?

Also when it comes down to the wax, as someone who's only smoked it a handful of times and time inbetween, will it kill my tolerance, wax speaking? If it is as good as I imagine I wouldn't really go back to bud, but I want to know from people who do, is there a benefit?

Attached Files:

2. #2 mrhappysmore, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Honestly bro, I've had a quartz nail since I started dabbing 2 years ago. It somehow hasn't broken on me. Maybe seasoning with salt and jelly really worked wonders?  

Sorry, not sure where i was going with that, but I suggest you just go ahead and spend a lot on a Ti nail. Get yourself the Santa Cruz Omninail or at least an HE Domeless DualTi. Also, you can find 3.5 in - 5.5 in rigs online for less than $50, PM me and I can help you find some.

Forgot to mention that the tiny rigs do not disappoint and are definitely worth the price.

3. You would be infinitely better off spending your money on a small dedicated rig, and using a quartz nail.  Quartz tastes great and works well.  What doesn't taste great or work well is repurposing your nasty flower bong.

You can easily get a small rig for the price of a good Ti nail.

4. i wudnt recomend it but if u wanna be reallll cheap. get a BBB torch for 30. and a cheapp ass quartz nail on ebay with a male end. . it wont taste good cuz ur resind up bong will make bho taste like shit. nd its not small. just like someone above me said u can get  areally nice small rig for less then 50 online. and a small rig is worth it. 
    here u go if u want to make ur bong into a rig.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-or-14mm-100-Quartz-Glass-Domless-Nails-/331179944411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1bdce9db

5. You can take snaps, buy putting it on top of a big pack of bud on the bowl.

Sent from DEA Surveillance Van

6. Then you aren't dabbing, you are just putting hash in your bowl, which is hard to do snaps with because melting bho into a bowl of grass makes it burn slower and longer and smoke non-stop - especially if you are putting the hash right on top.

If you are gonna do this, I suggest putting down 2/3 of a good size bowl, then the hash, then the other 1/3 of your bowl.  Now you can control the burn a little (finger tamping, etc), with the BHO right on top, you have no chance to touch it.

7. #7 Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Silika Rook Ti Nail   -  Fits all regular female 14 and 18mm and all direct inject 14 and 18 mm

it is a "convertible nail" for any style use....AND ITS DOMELESS!!!!

just got one myself about a month ago...love it

8. I just got a Ti nail from Dab Wizard and turned an already sweet bong into a super nice oil rig..Go with the nail...Clean all that nasty bud resin out of there so it looks brand new..I smoke a lot of BHO,and it hasn't let me down yet...the nail was only $39.00,so it won't break the bank if your buying oil...I will post a pic soon...Peace..!

Attached Files:

9. Would you give me a link to one of these smaller effective tiny rigs you speak of? Thanks buddy I have the same thing as the guy before (the original thread post) I have a small capable glass tube and would love to know what else I need to make doing dabs doable, thanks a lot for your help.

10. I use that same bong but with a honey hole attachment n always delicious tasting