Thinking Of Doing A Sog Grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 18, 2014.

1. #1 UncomfortablyStoned, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    I have a 600 watt MH and HPS bulbs. Yield master 2 air cooled reflector. Medi-one (GreenPlanet Nutrients) which is supposed to be a one-part grow thru bloom? I have a tent that is 4x2, So I was thinking of getting 6 clones (wonderwomen) and keeping them in veg for a week or two, and then starting the 12/12 flowering stage that soon.

Starting my flowering that early bad, or should I be okay?
    How big of pot should I have the clones in 1-3 gallon?
    Should I also use another nutrient in the flowering stage to give it a little boost? 
    The only other area where I am concerned is the pruning? When I have to cut the leaves off from the bottom area so they can grow up. 

The picture is of my set up (not fully functioning ventilation) That comes tomorrow when my fan arrives. Its a blue cheese clone! Hoping it stays alive to meet its friends very soon!

Attached Files:

2. #2 Joker11211952, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    I just read two threads on another forum on growing 12/12 from seed.  I don't think growing clones would be much different.  If you start from 12/12 don't do any trimming, pruning, or topping as the plants don't have time to recover from the shock.  Pick a nutrient formulation- I use GH- and follow the directions for nutrients.  I usually start at 1/4 strength and go up as the plants grow.  GH and I think most nutrient formulas give a base load of nutrients and then other nutrients can be added depending where  you are in age and stage of growth.  I would not use a little of this and a little of that. 
    I think if I were doing clones as soon as they showed good roots formation I would switch to 12/12.
    I'm one of those folks who doesn't believe in removing leaves.  The more leaves the more energy from the light.  I remove anything over 50% damaged.  I would go with the 2 gallon or 3 gallon pots.  Nice light system.  Keep us posted on your grow.
    Your original plans for the clones sound great.

3. Any way you can send me on my way to that thread? 

Sorry for this nooobie question, what is GH? 

4. #4 Joker11211952, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Sorry, GH is General Hydroponics. It's an old one, but first rate. I'll try to find the link for the thread on the other forum. Good thing about GH is they have a really simple base formula with micro, grow and bloom and then there are other add-ons for different stages of the grow. I got sample bottles with my power growers (hydro set up)so I'm using it now and have used it in the past with great success. It's fairly reasonably priced, too. The nutes with the pretty ladies and buds on the label charge for the picture too. Lol. Anyway there are a lot of nutes out there. No reason to pay premium prices for something that just sounds terrific- like Resinator and others,

http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?101164-Lil-rasta-s-12-12-diary&highlight=LilRasta

I've got some auto seeds I'm going to grow over the summer, but after that I'm going to try the 12/12 grow with some sativa hybrids.

Stoned- the only stupid question is the one not asked. I found LilRasta's guide to 12/12 to be thorough and very simple.

5. Much thanks, have you ever ran a sog grow?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. General hydroponics is the nutrient brand correct?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app